How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
12-08-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
(12-08-2021 05:16 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  My HP-25 was my first HP. It worked so well that I used it as my only calculator for almost 10 years. From high school through 4 years of college and my first job as an engineer. That said, the battery charger design was a poor choice and I was very lucky that the combination of ancient batteries and the charger didn’t kill it. I only run it on alkaline batteries now.

Other than that, the physical design was great and it fit my hand like a glove. It is one of the few HPs I own that can be used with one hand.

Here is more information on the design.

https://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/pdfs/Is...975-11.pdf
My experience is almost like yours, Steve, I mean the 25c, my first HP calculator which followed me from the high school through the job. Other calculators like the Hp41 of course and many others followed, but that calculator as you already said "fit my hand like a glove".
The battery pack was the only problem for me, difficult to remove, expensive to replace with a original spare. I remember my father rebuilt, for this reason, it at least twice.
Now still it lives, with her sister 29c, equipped with alkaline batteries: a couple of beauty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators? - aurelio - 12-08-2021 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)