Write an equation that contains several variables, and go immediately to solve them
02-26-2021, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 05:04 AM by CharlieF.)
Write an equation that contains several variables, and go immediately to solve them
First of all, thank you very much in advance, and greetings to all. Thanks to you I have bought an HP Prime.

Let's assume this function - equation (as it's an example, I'm making it up, but it's a good example I think):

2/3 * PrXs_011- (PreXs_053 - 77.2) = (2 / PreTAM_034) * 24.7 - (LOCFm_01 + 5)

These are the variables, then:
PrXs_011
PreXs_053
PreTAM_034
LOCFm_01

In the HP 50G that equation is written directly (thus, writing those variables on the screen, with their uppercase and lowercase letters), it is stored in the EQ variable, it is given to the SOLVER key, and you already have the variables not only created, but ready to 'play' with their values, assigning some and correcting others. In other words: with three keystrokes, you already have the set of variables (to enter and calculate and recalculate) on the screen. In fact, I have created a program (and assigned it to a key) using, if you remember, the commands MINIT, MSOLVR, EVAL, etc. so, it's no longer three keystrokes, but the press of a single key.

In the Casio ClassPAD II ... after writing the equation, it is not even necessary to store it anywhere: you drag and drop, and on the screen appears the box in which the variables are arranged to enter or enter the values ​​you want and be able 'play' between those values.

Could you please give me a suggestion, how this can be done on the HP Prime (thus, as simple as it is done on the HP-50G or the Casio ClassPAD II)? Keep in mind that a large part of the pre-university Chemistry or Physics problems, and the first of a technical career, are very similar to the one I have raised.

Thank you very much in advance. And greetings to all.

Carlos
Madrid, Spain
Casio ClassPad II, HP17BII, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Write an equation that contains several variables, and go immediately to solve them - CharlieF - 02-26-2021 09:42 PM
RE - CharlieF - 02-27-2021, 05:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)