Restore a Pioneer keyboard (27s)
01-31-2021, 11:30 AM
Restore a Pioneer keyboard (27s)
Hi everyone, we talked about the topic some time ago but in a discussion about the 48, so I thought it was better to open a new one.
I am repairing a 27s (a pioneer model), I had to disassemble the keyboard because some dirt got between the membranes and some conductive tracks were degraded. I have repaired the degraded tracks with a conductive marker and it looks like a working solution.
Obviously I had to cut the plastic rivets. How do you advise me to close the keyboard? I have seen images I think of a voyager in which metal pins have been inserted, and then drops of epoxy resin, but this method does not inspire me confidence because I think that the resin can run on the underlying plastic films and degrade them forever.

I received 2 suggestions, but incomplete.
The first is to use 3D printer wire, but first I don't know which material works best, then I don't know whether to add it to what's left of the pegs or to drill the keyboard, insert the wires and melt the heads on both sides.
The second suggestion says to use jeweler screws, but I don't know whether to make small pre-drilled holes in the original pegs and screw the screws into them (in this case they would be self-tapping screws with a diameter of less than 1mm) or whether to drill the keyboard and use nuts and washers ... anyway I don't know where to find both types of screws.

Hardware: Hp48S - Hp50g (5x black + 1 blue) - HP39gII - Hp27s - Casio fx-CG50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Restore a Pioneer keyboard (27s) - franz.b - 01-31-2021 11:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)