HP 3468A HP-IL Digital Multimeter
05-25-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: HP 3468A HP-IL Digital Multimeter
I've had one for about a year - it's the default meter on my bench. That said, bear in mind the following:

- You'll probably have to replace the internal memory backup battery which is hard to find and will require recalibration of the meter if you use the approved procedure. A failed self-check at startup (Error 1, I think, but it's in the manual) is a good indication the battery is dead and the calibration is lost.

- Calibration of the meter is a snap, if you've got the gear specified in the service manual (primarily a calibrated meter of higher precision ) and a major pain in the neck if you don't. The problem is that you must supply specified voltages, currents, resistances (typically a value with three as the leading digit) for the meter's auto calibration routines to work. If you've got the better meter, you can use precision pots to generate the required inputs. But if, like me, you've just got some good cal sources that are at a different rating, prepare for a long day of bodging. (Hey, if I had a calibrated 15 digit DMM, I'd be using that on my bench! Smile )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 3468A HP-IL Digital Multimeter - BobVA - 05-25-2014 12:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)