Where to port a Prime graphical program to, to get a better visualization?
02-12-2019, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019 08:36 PM by Jean-Michel.)
Where to port a Prime graphical program to, to get a better visualization?
Hello

I have written a short program which takes benefit of the graphical capabilities of the HP Prime, but, unfortunately, the resolution of the screen does not allow the created pictures to be as crisp as wished (too much lines on the screen which becomes quickly almost dark).

Do you know on which software I could port this program, which could take benefit of the high resolution of a computer screen?
It could be an online software as Geogebra (first one which comes to mind, even if I do not the software in itself), as soon as it is possible to program it (any language welcome, program is short and simple).
I have thought to VBA language which I know good enough, but then couldn't find a software which supports this language and is able to display the graphs (e.g. no idea in which way MS Excel could do this).

For those who wonder what kind of program it is: it deals with multiplication tables, graphically represented by lines joining points (one point for the number and one for the result of the multiplication of this number by the one of the table). Results are sprayed around a circle, with a chosen modulo. For modulo 10, 2 x 8 = 16, line goes from point 2 to point 6.
Resulting graphs look like petal of flowers: one petal for table of "2", two for table of "3", etc.
The graphs become nice for modulo around 300, by looping from table "2" to "10" (for example) with a step of 0,01. It shows nicely how the generation of the petals works.
The Prime emulator shows it better than the hardware for obvious reaons of speed.
If one of you is interested, I could, of course, share this (quick and dirty) program.

Kind regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Where to port a Prime graphical program to, to get a better visualization? - Jean-Michel - 02-12-2019 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)