Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
12-22-2020, 12:58 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
(12-22-2020 12:27 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I agree. I suspect the same can be said for Python or the dialects of BASIC used by other calculator manufacturers. IMHO the last calculator keyboard entry friendly language was the keystroke programming model used on the older RPN machines although it was not easy to decipher a program that someone else had written. An ease of keyboard entry vs ease of understanding compromise.

Python? Agreed 100%. Just because it's a language being pushed in education doesn't make it "right" on a calculator that makes it difficult to input and also difficult to view on a small screen.

Most machines programmed in BASIC come with a full QWERTY keyboard, so it's a lot easier to input. The screen is the Achilles' heel of those devices. I'm thinking of the HP-71B and the countless Casio and Sharp pocket computers.

I would add RPL to the "easy to input but hard to decipher" group, particularly on the HP-48 series, where you didn't have to dig down 6 levels of menus to find commonly used functions like you do on the 49g+/48gII/50g.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)