Exported App functions make nearly all Primes crash
09-15-2018, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 06:14 AM by grsbanks.)
Exported App functions make nearly all Primes crash
All variants of the HP Prime discussed here except the HP Prime Pro app on Android are running firmware 13865. The Android variant is running 13443.

If you're going to test this yourselves, please do a backup of your machine beforehand. It can cause instability...

Consider this small app (attached). It is based on "None", a completely empty app. The listing of the App program is as follows:

Code:
#pragma mode( separator(.,;) integer(h32) )

EXPORT Something()
BEGIN
  RETURN "Boo!";
END;

Couldn't be simpler.

So, grab your Rev. C Prime, throw this app at it, start the app and go straight to the Home screen. Now say I want to use the "Something()" function exported by the app. I'd hit the "Toolbox" key, tap the "App" soft menu, navigate to the "Nothing" app and tap it and a submenu opens showing me the "Something" function:

[Image: something.png]

Tap on it and it gets copied to the command line:

[Image: something2.png]

Hit [ENTER] and I get the expected result:

[Image: something3.png]

Now try and do the same thing with the Virtual Prime...

As soon as you tap on "Something" in the App Function menu, the Virtual Prime crashes.

OK. Let's try it on a G2 Prime.

As soon as you tap on "Something" in the App Function menu, you get a screen saying "Your HP Prime had a problem and will reboot in 3 seconds."

The same thing happens on the Android version of HP Prime Pro (freshly reset before entering the program).

This happens even with a freshly reset Virtual Prime and with a freshly reflashed G2.

No crash occurs if you type the name of the function manually on the command line.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Nothing.hpappdir.zip (Size: 854 bytes / Downloads: 10)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Exported App functions make nearly all Primes crash - grsbanks - 09-15-2018 04:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)