Batteries for LED calcs, revisited
07-02-2018, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2018 03:05 AM by rprosperi.)
RE: Batteries for LED calcs, revisited
(07-02-2018 02:00 PM)Dieter Wrote:  This sounds like you haven't tried Sanyo/Panasonic Eneloops yet. They are available in size AA and AAA, the AAs in both ~2000 and ~2500 mAh. I think these are very reliable cells, and they have virtually no self-discharge. Charge them now, put them in a drawer, get them out one year (or more) later, and they're ready to go.

There are other brands that offer similar batteries, but I can't say anything about these. Why bother when you can get the original, genuine and reliable solution from Panasonic? I bought mine in 2006 (at that time from Sanyo), always charged them in a decent smart charger, and they still work fine. Not just in calculators, but aso in much more demandig devices like flash guns.

Dieter

I agree with Dieter, Eneloops are one of those rare products that really do live up to both the manufacturer's claims and their word-of-mouth reputation. They just work and essentially don't self-discharge (if properly charged with a smart charger like the BC-700).

For Woodstocks, these are perfect.

For Spices, they are a bit too long, and depending on the condition of your batter contacts, could damage them, so I use flat-top cells here.

[Removed my own stupid suggestion to have a classic battery pack made from AA Eneloop cells. Can't really be done as the classic charger and power supply are 'dumb' and would not properly monitor/charge the Eneloop cells in-place. So using the existing battery holders for AAA cells is the best option for Eneloops.]

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Batteries for LED calcs, revisited - mdunn - 06-25-2018, 01:16 PM
RE: Batteries for LED calcs, revisited - rprosperi - 07-02-2018 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)