HP 19BII battery door on back: how rare is it really?
05-16-2018, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2018 08:27 AM by jebem.)
RE: HP 19BII battery door on back: how rare is it really?
(05-15-2018 11:40 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Well done Jose!

Thanks, Massimo. The machine really looks like new and seems to be in fully working order. This sell was for the calculator alone (with the depleted original batteries).
The seller told me "it was used just once for the exam at the university", and then "the batteries were removed from the machine because I was told they can leak and destroy the calculator", and "it have been stored in a drawer for all these years".

From its serial number, I understand this calculator was made in Indonesia with a manufacturing date of July 2001 (week 29).

According to the Kees's site, the 19BII model was introduced in January 1990 and discontinued in September 2002.

I am interested in finding out when was this later variant released to the market.
I have got some pictures taken from Internet and the lowest serial number I could find so far is ID004 (year 2000 week 04).

As it is, the dates interval would be at least from January 2000 to September 2002, less than three years in production.

Anyone have one of these variants with a lower serial number, or else knows when was this later variant with the battery door on the backside introduced to the market?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 19BII battery door on back: how rare is it really? - jebem - 05-16-2018 03:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)