GDW-Modern Free42 skin (iPhone 5,SE,6 etc) - updated
04-29-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: GDW-Modern Free42 skin (iPhone 5,SE,6 etc) - updated
(04-28-2018 02:07 AM)Graham D. Wilson Wrote:  Thanks burkhard

(04-27-2018 05:46 PM)burkhard Wrote:  Is it possible to widen the soft menu labels in the display?

Yes and no. Free42 allows one to scale the LCD characters' height and width, but only by whole numbers, not fractions. I've experimented and been unsucessful in getting a better fitting set. Increasing either the width and/or height makes the LCD characters too big to fit correctly.

Ideally, Free42 would do well to allow one to use OS fonts like WP34S does. But as written, Free42 is too inflexible for a better fitting display. Unfortunately I do not have any iOS tools needed to reprogram Free42's display.

It would be an ideal project for someone skilled in iOS/Android programming. Thomas could do it I'm sure, but I think he has said there will be no more improvements to Free42, only bug fixes from now on -- I may be wrong on that and on my opinion that there's no way to improve the display without programming. Anyone?

Graham

I figured something like that, Graham. Too bad it's restricted to integer scaling values, but that doesn't diminish the nice work you did. I'm running yours in preference to the "stock" one or any of the other heretofore available skins. It's not the mod look I'm so into, but the bigger buttons are frankly *great*.

thanks again,
burkhard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GDW-Modern Free42 skin (iPhone 5,SE,6 etc) - updated - burkhard - 04-29-2018 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)