GDW-Modern Free42 skin (iPhone 5,SE,6 etc) - updated
04-28-2018, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2018 03:46 AM by Graham D. Wilson.)
RE: GDW-Modern Free42 skin (iPhone 5,SE,6 etc) - updated
(04-28-2018 02:50 AM)Gene Wrote:  What's the best way to get this into Free42 on the iPhone ?

Getting stuff on an off an iPhone is infuriating, but I've mastered iPhone/Windows XP/7 app/music ripping despite Apple's best attempts to control and prevent me.

There are 3 ways I know of for app files (documents):

-A-
The easiest way in Windows: I use a suite of programs called CopyTrans to replace individual app files. Use the free CopyTrans Apps program
download link.
The process to transfer individual files is very easy - just drag and drop.

-B-
Or you can use iTunes to copy and replace the whole "skins" folder. iTunes (at least the version I have) won't allow you to copy individual files into the skins folder.

. Use iTunes (using the Windows version, I don't have Mac, which I assume is similar)
. Click on the iPhone icon (on the toolbar)
. Click Apps (under Settings)
. Scroll down to File Sharing
. Click Free42
. Click "skins" folder (under Free42 Documents)
. Click "Save to..." button to copy the whole skins folder to your hard drive
. Copy the new layout and gif files to the skins folder on your hard drive
. Drag and drop the skins folder back into the iTunes File Sharing/Free42 Documents window and confirm that you want to replace the existing folder
. close iTunes

That's it. The new skin/layout docs will be copied to your iPhone along with the other contents of the skins folder.

-C-
Another way is to use Free42's built in web server and follow the
instructions on Thomas's site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GDW-Modern Free42 skin (iPhone 5,SE,6 etc) - updated - Graham D. Wilson - 04-28-2018 03:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)