HP Calculator Highlights since the 1980
04-01-2018, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2018 06:58 PM by Harald.)
RE: HP Calculator Highlights since the 1980
(04-01-2018 03:43 AM)emersone12 Wrote:  
(03-31-2018 08:13 PM)Harald Wrote:  The Classic Upgrade Kit is designed in such a way that the modification is completely reversible. The hole in the battery compartment is optional, and if you don't cut it, all you have to do is open the calculator and swap the main PCB.
Leving the keyboard and display PCB alone sacrifices the power savin shut down. This is something I thought about long and hard. In the end I thought sacrificing functionality to have a completly reversible modification seemes like the right compromise.

Harald

Hypothetically. would you be against the production of a DM35, DM45, DM55, DM65 etc.....or a universal single DM_Multi-calculator accommodating all the available range of calculators, involving a collaboration/arrangement using your boards/kits. The existing DM10,11,12,15,16 are pretty much close replicas of the original HP's in function, layout, physical appearance, size & case shape, & equivalent identical-shaped replicas of the old original HP LED calculators as modern LED reproductions would be a welcome addition if upgraded using modern technology, LED's & battery systems. The old HP case shapes are attractive well designed works of art & very comfortable to hold compared to the ridiculous sharp-edged design of the recent modern Chinese designed HP-30B.

Well, that's a question you'd have to ask Tony, not me. My part in the classic upgrade kit is the PCB design and I programmed the controller that interfaces between the HP display drivers and Tony's PIC. None of that would be needed for a reproduction calculator. It would essentially be Tony's hardware and software in a nice shell.

Cheers,
Harald

PS: I would definately buy one if anyone cares to make it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)