My humble homage to International Women's Day
03-09-2018, 12:59 PM
RE: My humble homage to International Women's Day
(03-09-2018 07:43 AM)jebem Wrote:  I feel they hope we pay our monthly taxes during all our life and then we die so they don't have to give you back a single cent.

Now I do not want to change the topic in politics, but this is a fallacy though.

The pension system, mostly everywhere is poorly designed. It is based on the assumption that the workforce is plenty and the people outside the workforce are few.

Instead the aging process and the "early" retirement age of the previous generation makes this false. Therefore every single cent that you pay for the retirement is already going to people in retirement now, the problem will be if there will be enough flow of cash for the retirement institution when you will be retired. Any you never know, there could be a war between now and then.

Of course this does not apply to people that were able to be on top in the system (that is not necessarily always happening due to good deeds), and have enough time already.

For this I jokingly say (although with a shrinking joking part the more I read here and there) that maybe a society where people retire at 45-50-55 but then get a bullet between the eyes at 75 may be more sustainable. Less strain on the one that works, more time for people that retire.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My humble homage to International Women's Day - pier4r - 03-09-2018 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)