Collaborative collection of useful userRPL snippets
03-09-2018, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2018 12:13 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Collaborative collection of useful userRPL snippets
- Added weighted and harmonic average of lists, converting examples from the 50g user guide (see page 8-15 and subsequent ones) .
- Refactored the order of programs and information. Added the program "row vector to column vector" (page 9-20 hp50g user manual). Same with column vector to vector and list to vector.

http://www.wiki4hp.com/doku.php?id=rpl:start

--
It is interesting that useful code is spread through the manuals, not only for pre PDF hp models (that is: those that came with the printed manuals). One would presume that with newer models useful code would be written in a way that is easy to copy and paste on the calculator. Instead it is exposed as procedure. The exposition is useful to understand better the algorithm, but it is not immediate to think it as a program.

So I am going to randomly check the 50g user guide, then maybe the 50g AUR. If I am not mistaken in the first part of the AUR there may be some useful code as well, like percentiles or something similar. I won't go through the entire AUR though, unless I end up casually on interesting snippets.

As usual, contribute! This is the reason the code is on the wiki, so we can all edit it.

--

Another thought that crossed my mind while testing the snippets was whether such statistical operations on lists, could be way faster when done in sysRPL a la David listExt, or the internal RPL functions are already pretty quick with whatever input size.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative collection of useful userRPL snippets - pier4r - 03-09-2018 11:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)