RPN is nice, but I find textbook mode better
03-01-2018, 08:36 PM
RPN is nice, but I find textbook mode better
When crunching numbers on the HP Prime, I always use the "textbook" mode instead of the RPN mode. I know RPN entry is faster and easier to use. Textbook entry requires more keystrokes and requires you to use the large, circular arrow key button, which is a bit of a pain.

But, I always double check my calculations. The only way to recheck RPN calculations is to re-enter your numbers and see if you get the same answer. If the answers don't agree, I have run the calculations a third time to see which of the first two calculations was correct. With textbook entry, I can simply look at the equation in the history portion of the display and see if it matches what I wrote down. If I made a mistake, I can copy the equation to the command line. I can then edit it by touching the area where I made the mistake and correct it. I also find entering equations with a lot of exponents easier in textbook mode than in RPN mode.

It is not easy to stop using RPN. Every now and then I find myself punching in numbers as if I was in RPN mode. Have any other RPN user switched to textbook entry mode?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RPN is nice, but I find textbook mode better - Gene222 - 03-01-2018 08:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)