can the prime really not solve this integral?
02-28-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: can the prime really not solve this integral?
(02-28-2014 05:47 AM)DeucesAx Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 07:08 PM)parisse Wrote:  We almost never test the CAS in degree mode, therefore more bugs are expected there. The reason here is that for numeric integration with an infinite boundary you must make a change of variable, here we set tan(y)=x for y in 0..pi/2, dx=(1+tan(y)^2)*dy ... except that in degree mode you must add a pi/180 factor.

No pressure, I'm sure once I'm done with college the prime will be a formidable calculator. And heck, I just need to eat rahmen noodles instead of regular pasta for the next 6 month to pay for the prime, no biggie.
From your first post in this thread, it seems you already own a ti89 and a ti nspire CAS, therefore I don't believe you will really need 6 months of restrictions to pay your Prime.
FYI, I have already fixed the bug and sent the patch to HP. I make my best to fix bugs as soon as I know them and publish corrected version of Xcas, but I'm obviously not responsible for HP firmware releases. In the meantime, put your calculator in radian, that's the normal unit of angle when using a CAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: can the prime really not solve this integral? - parisse - 02-28-2014 08:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)