HP Prime app on Android issue
06-27-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: HP Prime app on Android issue
(06-27-2016 07:10 AM)MattMercado Wrote:  
(06-25-2016 05:14 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  As a workaround you could try changing the default time for screen-dimming in Android - but that would also affect other Android apps and battery life.

Thank you for the reply but that's not acceptable.

If there is no work-around currently, I'm hoping word gets to HP and maybe they can implement it on an update. The app is almost perfect. For anyone who already has a smartphone wanting a modern graphing calculator, this is a great deal.

I don't know what the issue or problem here really is for you and you are the first person to complain about this "problem". Everything that is being worked towards for all mobile devices is *better* power efficiency and power management. Having the application stop all dimming and remain powered on indefinitely seems like its moving in the wrong direction.

Are you really trying to leave it sitting on a desk, and really need it displaying at full brightness with no dimming for 5 minutes straight? Simply tapping the screen to have it come back to full brightness after 30 seconds seems less problematic to me without sucking down battery life.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime app on Android issue - Tim Wessman - 06-27-2016 04:33 PM
RE: HP Prime app on Android issue - Jan_D - 11-14-2016, 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)