Request, new cmds for communication with educational hardware as it is arduino
02-24-2016, 02:09 AM
RE: Request, new cmds for communication with educational hardware as it is arduino
(02-24-2016 01:03 AM)compsystems Wrote:  Texas instruments has initiated a new era in calculators allow communication with educational hardware as it is arduino
cmds:
•get()
•getStr()
•send()
HP must follow the same steps?

[Image: V9I6WPr.png]

[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&image_id=6602]

[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&image_id=6596]

[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&image_id=6596]

[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&image_id=4827]

The ability to capture data from analog and digital sensors has been available on the Prime via the StreamSmart 410 interface for a year or more. The 410 has a USB cable to the Prime and has its own rechargeable battery built in. Anything that can output 0 to 5 volts DC can be used easily. An Arduino, for example, could use digital HIGH or LOW or AnalogOut (PWM) to send data to the Prime, depending on the application.

There are a variety of digital sensors that work with the 410 directly and use the Prime as a data capture/analysis computer.

That's the good news; now the bad news: if you live in Europe (or don't mind waiting for shipment) Der Rekenwinkle in NL is where I got mine. Shipping via NL Post was reasonable; DHL, not so.

None of this techie stuff comes cheap and the details of the SmartStream interface are not available. The HP strategy in the US market seems to be "sell to schools at a high price" so don't expect Arduino-like pricing or ease of use.

Unless TI has something new beyond the "Lab Cradle", HP is at least even if not ahead in the educational market.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request, new cmds for communication with educational hardware as it is arduino - dbbotkin - 02-24-2016 02:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)