(Fixed) WP34s, unresponsive after trying to flash
10-15-2023, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2023 10:42 PM by Peter Klein.)
RE: WP 34s, unresponsive after trying to flash
Well... I tried to flash my WP-34s to the current firmware tonight. I used MySamba on my Win11 machine, run as Administrator. I used the procedure in the manual. I was able to erase the calculator. But no matter what I tried, I could not flash it. I powered the calculator with a 3v power supply, voltage checked at 3.1v. The ham radio FTDI data cable I mentioned in my original post is working with MySamba--the computer sees it as COM4, the baud rate gets set to 115 kbaud. Each time I try the LEDs on the cable flash three times, and then I get the error, "Unable to connect." Three times out of many different tries, I got the error "Unable to start XMODEM."

I was using a jerry-rigged mess of alligator clips and hand-held wires, so perhaps all I need is the correct cable. Is there someone in the U.S. who would be willing to loan or sell me the cable? If the former, I'd be happy to pay postage both ways. Or I could send my now comatose 30b calculator to you.

If I bricked it, oh well. But I'd like to try to revive it. Thanks for any help.

--Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34s, unresponsive after trying to flash - Peter Klein - 10-15-2023 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)