Need recommendation for EPROM eraser
09-07-2023, 04:14 PM
RE: Need recommendation for EPROM eraser
I don't believe that there are any LEDs that provide sufficient light at the required UV wavelength. What you need it something with a germicidal tube in it. The tube look just like a clear florescent tube without the phosphor on the inside. The tubes are made from quartz glass because ordinary glass does not transmit UV light very well. I use an old industrial one made by Spectroline that works great, I also have a second smaller one made by the same company, but I don't have a try for it and the tray is required to make a safety switch in the back, to prevent exposure to UV light. I have another one that is just the lamp in an enclosure it was meant to be placed over a box that would be light proof and contain the EPROM to be erased, but it is packed away for moving, if you are still looking in a months time send me an email I should be unpacked by then.

The Spectroline erasers are very well made and any that I have seen include a timer which is desirable, I see there are a few for sale on eBay, the ones I have seen use standard germacidal lamps, so replacements are easy to find.

Paul.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need recommendation for EPROM eraser - Paul Berger (Canada) - 09-07-2023 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)