[VA] SRC #011 - April 1st, 2022 Bizarro Special
04-04-2022, 10:34 PM
RE: [VA] SRC #011 - April 1st, 2022 Bizarro Special
Hi, all,

Thanks for your interest in my SRC#11 and most definitely for your posts. I'll give here some comments. Let's begin ...

Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:Just to say that I love this one: Bizarro... cubic worlds... all the silliness of my youth's Superman!
    I'm very glad for your appreciation of the Bizarro-themed story and thanks for telling me, I've always appreciated the concept myself so this was a nice opportunity to include it in this bookend SRC.
Ren Wrote:I think a parallel can be seen in Star Trek: Lower Decks interactions with the Paklid.
    Thanks for the tip. I know nothing about the plethora of new ST series, I only watched the Original Series, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise (as well as all the movies), so no idea what Lower Decks is about or the aliens (I suppose they're aliens) you mention, sorry.
rawi Wrote:
J-F Garnier Wrote:We need to take 6 random values for the x1, x2, y1, y2, z1, z2 values, calculate the integrand and sum it.

I do not think that you need the random number generator 6 times. Why not generate one random number, store it in a register and use it six times?
    Because if you do as J-F says, i.e. "calculate the integrand", you'll find that if all the variables use the same random number you'll get a nice but useless 0 divided by 0 value for the integrand and there's not much you or anyone else can do with that.
rprosperi Wrote:Thanks to Valentin for the huge effort and true creativity to provide this great post!
    Thank you very much for your continued appreciation of my productions, Bob, you're always too kind but the thing I appreciate the most is that you do take the trouble and time to post it and let me know. Thanks again. Smile
J-F Garnier Wrote:Now, the results. I run it with different numbers of random samples, between 20 and 999 [...]
    I'm curious ... why 999 instead of 1,000 ? I've inspected your code and see no reason for stopping short of the more natural 1,000. You're not using ISG or something like that.
J-F Garnier Wrote:But probably Rd. Albizarro preferred a wrong result with 3 figures rather than one reliable estimation that would be big crime !
    Nope, Rd. Albizarro sticks to Bizarro society Code but Mathematics is neither perfect nor imperfect, it just is.
J-F Garnier Wrote:At the end, did it make any difference for Bizarro World ?
    Of course it did, they got 10 habitable faces where previously they only had six

I'll post the rest of Rd. Albizarro's story (which includes my Original Solution and extensive comments) next Saturday 9 so you've got 5 additional days to try and come up with your own Solution ... or at least die trying ! Smile

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #011 - April 1st, 2022 Bizarro Special - Valentin Albillo - 04-04-2022 10:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)