How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
12-08-2021, 04:48 AM
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
(12-08-2021 03:46 AM)Trond Wrote:  I still don't have a single one of these. As the title says, feel free to share why you like them (or dislike them). Were HP at the top of their game when they made them, or are they more so-so compared to what came before and after?

I think the Woodstocks, at least as far as the 25C and 29C go, are my favourite series of HP calculators. They are physically very small, compact units, and are very well built. Great keyboards, too. Its sort of too bad that they only display 8 digits of mantissa with the exponent display, but such are the limitations of a very small case. As for the rest of the modern features not being present, or the small program space (less of a limitation on the 29C), this is more of a limitation of the IC technology then available that anything to do with the case or basic design. Putting in a Panamatik ACT will fix all of that, and add in more features than most can use.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators? - Kostas Kritsilas - 12-08-2021 04:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)