Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ?
09-04-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 04:11 PM by RobertM.)
RE: Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ?
Here is Chess.

I only did the card reader required version since that seems to be what is desired, but it takes 465 bytes (including a data loader routine that executes each time you press A to start).

Also, in the example given by Valentin, the last play is incorrectly listed as 322.0000006 (B-Kt2), but this isn't what the program shows (which is legal, but doesn't result in checkmate). The program actually displays 537.0000006 (Q-B7) which is correct and checkmate. The example was incorrect in PPCJ V7N6P18 as well, and I didn't find any corrections in future NOPs. Oh well.

I'm guessing that since the byte count is full, you don't want me to go on to "One Armed Bandit" and "Golf"? And let me know if you want help with the data loading for the two modules. Just let me know where to find the programs and data, and if you want the loading routine included automatically (like I did with Chess).

Edit: Added CH.txt and CH.RAW to the zip (the non-card reader versions).

Attached File(s)
.zip  Chess.zip (Size: 3.09 KB / Downloads: 12)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2016, 10:21 PM
(09-04-2016 08:00 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  As project architect I'm sure Gene will take care of those from the museum library, right?

Gene: I have it loaded and will be checking them. :-) ty
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2016, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 04:51 PM by Ángel Martin.)
Here are the ROM images updated with Chess67. I removed the dup RCKT<1> so we still have room for one more... Golf is already there, so how about the pinball wizard or the armed bandit?
09-05-2016, 06:06 AM
(09-04-2016 02:42 PM)RobertM Wrote:  Here is Chess.
I only did the card reader required version since that seems to be what is desired

I am not sure if I get you right. Do you think that a version is preferred that requires the card reader ROM commands (e.g. ISZ, DSP0...9, ...) although they can easily be replaced by HP41 standard functions? So that the preferred version is one that requires additional ROM support and other limitations?

I can't believe that. Both Jive Turkey and one of your Blackjack versions are slightly modified to run on the HP41 command set without any additional requirements. And that's what I would call the preferred solution. If I understand Gene correctly, that's also fine for him.

Dieter
09-05-2016, 07:55 AM
(09-05-2016 06:06 AM)Dieter Wrote:  I am not sure if I get you right. Do you think that a version is preferred that requires the card reader ROM commands (e.g. ISZ, DSP0...9, ...) although they can easily be replaced by HP41 standard functions? So that the preferred version is one that requires additional ROM support and other limitations?

I can't believe that. Both Jive Turkey and one of your Blackjack versions are slightly modified to run on the HP41 command set without any additional requirements. And that's what I would call the preferred solution. If I understand Gene correctly, that's also fine for him.

Hey, I'm just compiling the ROM images ---- I wouldn't mind one way or the other - but both won't fit in. Gene's the tie breaker...
09-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Angel and I am talking. :-)

Prefer 41 style as along as they aren't so much bigger than the 67 equivalents that you get 3 programs in instead of 10. Prefer not to duplicate a game that already has a much better direct HP 41 equivalent...other than the original Pinball Wizard would be great to fit in if possible. Ha.

The One armed-bandit game is a good one to add.

I have the rom installed in i41CX+ and will be checking the games.
09-05-2016, 04:26 PM
FYI, I updated the Chess.zip with a non-cardreader version (actually smaller).

For the ones I submitted, the XX67 version requires a card reader, and the XX does not.
Code:

BJ67  320 bytes 
BJ    359 bytes
ST67  355 bytes
ST    364 bytes
CH67  465 bytes
CH    445 bytes

It appears that Angel picked the non-card reader version of Blackjack (BJ) and the card reader version of Star Trek (ST67) for the rom. I provided both so that you (Gene) could choose what you want (or modify them).

I'm going to take a swing at the One Armed Bandit next. It's a holiday today, so I may not get to it until tomorrow. Smile
09-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Here's the latest, with the non-Card reader version of Star Trek (despite the program name being the same). So when available, non-card reader versions are consistently used...

Attached File(s)
.zip  67GAMES1.zip (Size: 16.29 KB / Downloads: 3)
09-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Quote:...non-Card reader version of Star Trek (despite the program name being the same).

Weird ... When I re-download the Startrek.zip file that I uploaded to the forum, extract it, and then load the ST.RAW file into i41CX+, I get the non-card reader version, named "ST" (not ST67). Very strange.
09-05-2016, 06:34 PM
(09-05-2016 06:21 PM)RobertM Wrote:  
Quote:...non-Card reader version of Star Trek (despite the program name being the same).

Weird ... When I re-download the Startrek.zip file that I uploaded to the forum, extract it, and then load the ST.RAW file into i41CX+, I get the non-card reader version, named "ST" (not ST67). Very strange.

That I wouldn't know - but in the ROM image ST67 does not have any calls to the card reader, so I guess it's the "right" one . Easy to tell, it's the one with the ' STAR TREK" prompt in the code.
09-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Code:
...but in the ROM image ST67 does not have any calls to the card reader, so I guess it's the "right" one

'Cept it's 2 bytes bigger. Smile
09-05-2016, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 07:23 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(09-05-2016 06:49 PM)RobertM Wrote:  
Code:
...but in the ROM image ST67 does not have any calls to the card reader, so I guess it's the "right" one

'Cept it's 2 bytes bigger. Smile

afraid that's the "67" I added to the main LBL
09-05-2016, 07:33 PM
(09-05-2016 04:26 PM)RobertM Wrote:  I'm going to take a swing at the One Armed Bandit next. It's a holiday today, so I may not get to it until tomorrow. Smile

I have been looking at the same program. It has some specialties that should (or even have to) be handled differently on the 41. For instance there is a GTO(i) command, while the I-register holds a –2 (set in the startup routine). This uses the "fast reverse branching" feature of the 67/97 which cannot be duplicated on the 41. On the other hand it does not have to – the GTO(i) jumps to the instruction directly after LBL 2, so a simple GTO 02 works just as well. The whole thing (test and jump back) is not even required at all since it simply tests if the last random number is zero. This could be avoided by directly generating a number between 1 and 9 instead of one between 0 and 9. #-)

The initialization routine (LBL e) clears all (!) data registers. On a 41 this is not a good idea. As far as I can see clearing only R00 and R02 is sufficient. The registers from A to E hold some constants that are used later. Instead of R20...R24 the HP41 version should use R10...R14.

Maybe we can compare our versions later. ;-)

Dieter
09-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Anyone able to send me the PDF of the 67 games pac manual and the PDF of the 67 solution books for games and games of chance?

I have the Museum DVD somewhere but naturally can't find it.

A PM with a link to download them would be awesome. ;-)
09-05-2016, 09:09 PM
(09-05-2016 08:11 PM)Gene Wrote:  Anyone able to send me the PDF of the 67 games pac manual and the PDF of the 67 solution books for games and games of chance?

I have the Museum DVD somewhere but naturally can't find it.

A PM with a link to download them would be awesome. ;-)

Just emailed them to Hotmail...

--Bob Prosperi
09-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Got them, thank you.
09-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Angel, et al,

The Bell Fruit slot machine program will have to be modified. It has some constants that need to be stored in LBL E. Attached .raw file generates the results in the manual.

I will work through the rest of them in the same way.

Obviously, this will increase the byte count. :-)

BJFruit Updated raw file
09-05-2016, 09:41 PM
And, again, if these programs are modified to be more 41-like, that's fine.

The BJFruit game uses card reader functions like 7DSP2, and FIX 02 would be fine, for example.
09-06-2016, 05:07 AM
(09-05-2016 09:41 PM)Gene Wrote:  And, again, if these programs are modified to be more 41-like, that's fine.

The BJFruit game uses card reader functions like 7DSP2, and FIX 02 would be fine, for example.

I noticed the data bits for BFRUIT, as per my initial post with the ROM images. There's also another one in the original pack you sent me that should also be made into a loader sequence...
09-06-2016, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 11:05 PM by RobertM.)
(09-05-2016 07:33 PM)Dieter Wrote:  I have been looking at the same program. It has some specialties that should (or even have to) be handled differently on the 41. For instance there is a GTO(i) command, while the I-register holds a –2 (set in the startup routine). This uses the "fast reverse branching" feature of the 67/97 which cannot be duplicated on the 41. On the other hand it does not have to – the GTO(i) jumps to the instruction directly after LBL 2, so a simple GTO 02 works just as well. The whole thing (test and jump back) is not even required at all since it simply tests if the last random number is zero. This could be avoided by directly generating a number between 1 and 9 instead of one between 0 and 9. #-)
I agree with all of your comments here. I removed the use of the I reg, and changed the random number generator to generate between 1 and 9.

Quote:The initialization routine (LBL e) clears all (!) data registers. On a 41 this is not a good idea. As far as I can see clearing only R00 and R02 is sufficient. The registers from A to E hold some constants that are used later. Instead of R20...R24 the HP41 version should use R10...R14.
Agreed. I also found only clearing 00 and 02 were needed, and I left it in the init routine (LBL e) instead of the "preamble". I changed RegA-E into R10-14. Technically, we could shave off a couple more registers, since R03 and R05 aren't used, but I left it as is, so only SIZE 015 is required.

Quote:Maybe we can compare our versions later. ;-)
Love to! I've included my fully commented version in the zip. Love to see what you did the same/differently.

Here are my two versions of One-armed bandit: "OB67" requires SIZE 026 and a card reader. "OB" requires SIZE 015 and no card reader. Both seem to give a similar feel to the 67 version.

Here is a list of my changes for the "OB" version:
Code:

- added preamble
- translated 7xxx calls into 41C calls (no card reader required)
- translated A-E storage registers to 10-14, removed need for I (SIZE 015)
- fixed bug: original program left out a multiply at line 68 (otherwise not holding
   digit 1 when there are other holds will always result in a 1 being the first digit)
- translated rapid reverse branch in LBL 02 to a GTO 02, removed setting and usage of R15
- used a FS?C 01 instead of separate FS? 01, CF 01 to save a byte or two
- changed CLRG in LBL e to clear just 0 STO 02, STO 00
- removed LBL 01 and moved the random number generator directly in LBL 02. Note: reused
   LBL 01 as local forward branch in LBL 09
- changed random number generator to generate between 1-9, instead of looping if 0.
- changed the test logic for winners in LBL 09: once tested for .11 and succeeded
   don't need to test .123 (can't be) so just recall pulls left and return.

For Gene: Note that there appears to be a bug in the original HP67 listing (your listing as well as the one in PPCJ V4N9P13). It is a missing "multiply" around line 68 ... the program recalls a constant 100 but fails to mulitply it by the digit, so rather than multiply the new digit by 100, you just get the number 100. Kindof annoying - you press B and C to HOLD them hoping to regenerate the first digit, but you always get a "1" as the new digit. I have fixed this is both the OB67 and OB versions.

Both of these versions take 285 bytes

Attached File(s)
.zip  OneArmedBandit.zip (Size: 4.84 KB / Downloads: 4)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)