WP 34S decimal point display
03-31-2015, 02:17 AM
WP 34S decimal point display
I set my WP 34S display mode on RDX. so that I would have a dot for the decimal point. When using the orange or blue arrows beneath the x swap y key to display all of the digits, I am surprised to have the numbers after the decimal point in 3's separated by commas. Is there a way to have the numbers after the commas not in 3's separated by any mark? This only happens when using the show all under the swap key.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2015, 04:24 AM
RE: WP 34S decimal point display
(03-31-2015 02:17 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  I set my WP 34S display mode on RDX. so that I would have a dot for the decimal point. When using the orange or blue arrows beneath the x swap y key to display all of the digits, I am surprised to have the numbers after the decimal point in 3's separated by commas. Is there a way to have the numbers after the commas not in 3's separated by any mark? This only happens when using the show all under the swap key.
Commas are used to avoid confusion with the placement of the decimal point. If you have the radix set to the comma then the separator between each three digits in display all digits mode will be the period.

Keeping them separate is a GOOD thing so that one always knows where the radix (power of 10) is.
03-31-2015, 04:32 AM
(03-31-2015 04:24 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  
(03-31-2015 02:17 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  I set my WP 34S display mode on RDX. so that I would have a dot for the decimal point. When using the orange or blue arrows beneath the x swap y key to display all of the digits, I am surprised to have the numbers after the decimal point in 3's separated by commas. Is there a way to have the numbers after the commas not in 3's separated by any mark? This only happens when using the show all under the swap key.
Commas are used to avoid confusion with the placement of the decimal point. If you have the radix set to the comma then the separator between each three digits in display all digits mode will be the period.

Keeping them separate is a GOOD thing so that one always knows where the radix (power of 10) is.

I think that what the OP is complaining about is that with the radix off ( TROFF ) the blue< gold> keys for ALL digits has the radix markers anyway... I tried this on my WP34s and its true... the blue< gold> keys show all digits WITH radix markers in any case and doesn't appear to be any way to turn them off.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
03-31-2015, 06:08 AM
I vaguely remember a discussion about this and the decision being to always include the separators.

- Pauli

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)