HP Forums
New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour (/thread-9428.html)

New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour - Harald - 11-02-2017 09:58 PM

Today I got my 25E GPS out of the drawer and turned it on. Batteries wer flat, as I had left it there unused for a couple of month. Installed a battery pack with fresh batteries and switched it on again.
But what is this? Looks strange:
[attachment=5294]

I can press a number key and the number gets displayed. I can't do any basic operations though and other keys do weired things. For example x<>y seems to divide by 100. R/S gets me to stopwatch mode, and that even works. None of the menue options work.

I haven't tried reflashing the firmware. I am sure the calculator worked fine last time I played with it.

Any thoughts on what might have happened here?

Cheers,
Harald

PS: Bernhard, I hope you don't mind me posting this here instead of emailing you. It is not meant as a complaint in any way. I just thought it might help others if they have a similar problem.
It might be me having made a mistake when installing it. Maybe an insulation has been pierced under pressure inside the calculator and now there is a short?

RE: New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour - PANAMATIK - 11-03-2017 12:24 AM

(11-02-2017 09:58 PM)Harald Wrote:  I can press a number key and the number gets displayed. I can't do any basic operations though and other keys do weired things. For example x<>y seems to divide by 100. R/S gets me to stopwatch mode, and that even works. None of the menue options work.

I haven't tried reflashing the firmware. I am sure the calculator worked fine last time I played with it.

Seems as if the g key is pressed always. g R/S is stopwatch g x<>y is % function. Something with the g keyboard line?

No problem, if you can't fix it, you could send in your calculator.

Bernhard

RE: New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour - Harald - 11-03-2017 08:18 AM

(11-03-2017 12:24 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 09:58 PM)Harald Wrote:  I can press a number key and the number gets displayed. I can't do any basic operations though and other keys do weired things. For example x<>y seems to divide by 100. R/S gets me to stopwatch mode, and that even works. None of the menue options work.

Seems as if the g key is pressed always. g R/S is stopwatch g x<>y is % function. Something with the g keyboard line?

No problem, if you can't fix it, you could send in your calculator.

Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard! With that info I should be able to find the problem.

Cheers,
Harald