HP Forums
Can a program access the clipboard? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Can a program access the clipboard? (/thread-9131.html)

Can a program access the clipboard? - webmasterpdx - 09-21-2017 07:30 AM

Can you access the clipboard as a string from a program? I was thinking maybe there is a variable or a function call somewhere, but if it exists, I'm having difficulty find it...
Thx
-D

RE: Can a program access the clipboard? - eried - 09-21-2017 12:48 PM

I think there is no way, at least there is nothing in the calculator reference about the clipboard

RE: Can a program access the clipboard? - webmasterpdx - 09-22-2017 03:17 AM

Any HP people care to comment?
This is something that I can think of many uses for. It seems like it should be somewhere as the paste command shows the last several copy/cuts, so it's stored in something like a list of strings. It just needs to be accessible as a variable or a pretty simple function. i.e. If it isn't already available, it shouldn't be difficult to implement.

RE: Can a program access the clipboard? - Carlos295pz - 09-22-2017 05:16 AM

If you need this feature, you can use INPUT, as the command is integrated yes it will allow copy/paste.

RE: Can a program access the clipboard? - cyrille de brébisson - 09-22-2017 05:22 AM

Hello,

Sorry, no there is no HPPL functions to access the clipboard.

Cyrille

RE: Can a program access the clipboard? - webmasterpdx - 09-23-2017 10:25 AM

I was trying to avoid using INPUT, but maybe I can integrate a dummy call to input.... Thx.
-D

RE: Can a program access the clipboard? - DrD - 09-23-2017 11:17 AM

Ask Tim for a CALL() command, that shell's out to an external program and returns a result to hppl. (In a future release, if any)!

a:=PI;
b:=CALL(c:/python.numpy.py,sin(a)); ==> (similar to this idea)