HP Forums
HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony (/thread-8122.html)

Pages: 1 2

HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - bshoring - 04-05-2017 10:10 PM

Tony,

I love the simulators you made and I really appreciate the fact that I can enter numbers from the PC keyboard instead of having to use the mouse. They work really well. Just one question:

I'm running them in Windows 7 and I get a bleed through in the display of whatever is behind the calculator. I've tried to attach a photo of what's happening. But whether it is the desktop icons or some other window that is behind the calculator, a little strip of the background is bleeding through at the bottom of the number display of the calculator. Any idea how I can get rid of that?

Thanks!

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - Harald - 04-06-2017 07:45 AM

(04-05-2017 10:10 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Tony,

I love the simulators you made and I really appreciate the fact that I can enter numbers from the PC keyboard instead of having to use the mouse. They work really well. Just one question:

I'm running them in Windows 7 and I get a bleed through in the display of whatever is behind the calculator. I've tried to attach a photo of what's happening. But whether it is the desktop icons or some other window that is behind the calculator, a little strip of the background is bleeding through at the bottom of the number display of the calculator. Any idea how I can get rid of that?

Thanks!
I run the emulator on Linux/Wine and get the same.

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-06-2017 09:26 AM

(04-06-2017 07:45 AM)Harald Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 10:10 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Tony,

Thanks!
I run the emulator on Linux/Wine and get the same.

I modified the transparency code and it seems ok here.

New download available.

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - bshoring - 04-06-2017 05:46 PM

[/quote]

I modified the transparency code and it seems ok here.

New download available.

cheers

Tony
[/quote]

It seems to be OK with the latest update. Thanks so much!
Love these.

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - Eric Rechlin - 04-06-2017 06:17 PM

You've done a great job with your simulators. Thanks for your contributions to the community!

I'm running the simulators on Windows 10 and found a slight bug there.

There's no way to minimize the calculator. Normally with applications in Windows 10 that have a hidden titlebar I can shift-right-click the application in the taskbar and choose Minimize (notice that with Windows 7 there was no way to do this; with Windows XP you could do it simply by right-clicking with no need to hold shift, but Windows 7 broke this functionality). However, no menu comes up when I do this.

Emu48 had the same problem when the titlebar was hidden. I fixed it there by putting in this line of code:

#define STYLE_NOTITLE (WS_POPUP|WS_SYSMENU|WS_MINIMIZEBOX|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

instead of this line:

#define STYLE_NOTITLE (WS_POPUP|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

Perhaps a similar fix is all you need for your simulators.

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - bshoring - 04-06-2017 08:50 PM

Tony, will there be an update to the HP-91 standalone file? I have the same bleed through on its display.

Thanks,
Bob

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-06-2017 09:40 PM

(04-06-2017 08:50 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Tony, will there be an update to the HP-91 standalone file? I have the same bleed through on its display.

Thanks,
Bob

Just updated HP46, HP91 and HP97 which may have had the same problem

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-06-2017 09:48 PM

(04-06-2017 06:17 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  You've done a great job with your simulators. Thanks for your contributions to the community!

I'm running the simulators on Windows 10 and found a slight bug there.

There's no way to minimize the calculator.

Hi Eric,

I didn't think minimising would be required in this type of application, but I will look into adding minimise menu item, or by keystroke.

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-07-2017 02:40 AM

(04-06-2017 06:17 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  There's no way to minimize the calculator.

I have added a Minimize menu items for CCE, HP46, HP91, HP97 and 9100B

Seems to work ok on my machine (Win7)

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - SlideRule - 04-07-2017 01:07 PM

Tony

... the date on the web page for the 46 is off by a year (2016 vs 2017)...

Great contribution, many thanks!

SlideRule

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - Eric Rechlin - 04-07-2017 03:01 PM

Thanks for the quick turnaround. I can confirm that the minimize menu item works on Windows 10, but it's still not possible to minimize using the taskbar (either via the shift-click approach I mentioned earlier, or by simply left-clicking it while active, like you can do with any other program). I think you need to make a change similar to what I mentioned in my earlier comment to fix that.

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - bshoring - 04-07-2017 06:00 PM

[/quote]

Just updated HP46, HP91 and HP97 which may have had the same problem

cheers

Tony
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick turnaround. It's good now.

Bob

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-07-2017 09:05 PM

(04-07-2017 03:01 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  Thanks for the quick turnaround. I can confirm that the minimize menu item works on Windows 10, but it's still not possible to minimize using the taskbar (either via the shift-click approach I mentioned earlier, or by simply left-clicking it while active, like you can do with any other program). I think you need to make a change similar to what I mentioned in my earlier comment to fix that.

I only have win7 so it may not be possible to do with my resources, but I'll look into it.

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-08-2017 06:19 AM

(04-07-2017 03:01 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  Thanks for the quick turnaround. I can confirm that the minimize menu item works on Windows 10, but it's still not possible to minimize using the taskbar (either via the shift-click approach I mentioned earlier, or by simply left-clicking it while active, like you can do with any other program). I think you need to make a change similar to what I mentioned in my earlier comment to fix that.

Hi Eric,

I modified the HP-97 emulator. I can now minimize it on my Win7 machine by clicking on the task bar icon. If that works for you I will update the other programs.

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - Eric Rechlin - 04-08-2017 03:15 PM

Thanks again, Tony. I hadn't actually tried the 97 simulator before. That thing is a beauty! Amazing job with that. I love the way the printer works.

The minimizing by clicking the taskbar button is fixed now. Thanks. Shift-right-clicking still doesn't bring up anything, but that's a very minor concern now that everything else is working.

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-08-2017 10:31 PM

(04-08-2017 03:15 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  Thanks again, Tony. I hadn't actually tried the 97 simulator before. That thing is a beauty! Amazing job with that. I love the way the printer works.

The minimizing by clicking the taskbar button is fixed now. Thanks. Shift-right-clicking still doesn't bring up anything, but that's a very minor concern now that everything else is working.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that. I have uploaded the rest of the models.

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - sa-penguin - 04-09-2017 03:32 AM

OK I'll reveal my ignorance...

Which simulators / emulators are you talking about? At which web site?

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - teenix - 04-09-2017 06:18 AM

(04-09-2017 03:32 AM)sa-penguin Wrote:  OK I'll reveal my ignorance...

Which simulators / emulators are you talking about? At which web site?

http://www.teenix.org

cheers

Tony

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - sa-penguin - 04-10-2017 11:59 AM

(04-09-2017 06:18 AM)teenix Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 03:32 AM)sa-penguin Wrote:  Which simulators / emulators are you talking about? At which web site?
http://www.teenix.org
Ooh, nice. The 41 is my favorite (my 1st HP calc) but you have some cool stuff there.

RE: HP Calculator Simulators for Windows by Tony - pbnelson - 04-16-2017 01:21 PM

Works for me under Linux Mint 18.1 (Ubuntu 16.04) under WINE (Wine Staging 1.9.23).