HP Forums
Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues and Administration (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime (/thread-7239.html)

Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - compsystems - 11-15-2016 12:36 PM

Hello

The hp-prime forum can be more organized, I propose for example provides several subforums o "folders"

1: section "Bug reports or Problems" a system to follow, if they were corrected, if there really is no bug etc

2: Ideas & Wishes (Features wanted for next firmware , a system to see if they are approved, declined, in consideration etc

3: Questions & Answers, Tips & Tricks

4: a subforum for beginners & another for experts

5: a subforum to build a good document of the hp-prime

6: libraries and programs

[Image: forum_image00.png]

Think if all our files are stored in a single folder, Or think if the help of the hp-prime (HELP KEY) was in a single "folder"

RE: Subforums for hp-prime - Katie Wasserman - 11-23-2016 03:30 PM

The topic of additional forums and sub-forums has come up many times. While this is really a question for our host, Dave, I'm pretty sure that he's happy with the current structure.

RE: Subforums for hp-prime - Massimo Gnerucci - 11-26-2016 07:23 PM

Why don't we simply cut off discussions about the Prime until it turns a Museum's item, when it will be dismissed?

;-)

RE: Subforums for hp-prime - Carlos295pz - 01-04-2017 12:40 AM

It may be a good idea from a point of view, but I think that the subforums have been created having considerations like participation and concentrated information, affecting a little the organization of sub-themes within sub-themes, as for me, I am more comfortable to review the minor Number of possible forums.

[Google translate]

RE: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - compsystems - 01-04-2017 01:38 AM

Dividing into forum, each user checks what he wants, instead of seeing all the discussions in a single item.

RE: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - Thomas Radtke - 01-04-2017 08:44 AM

The Prime is OT in this forum, and the only reason to have a Prime section is to keep on-topic secions clear from postings about it.

Is it possible to filter the View Today's Posts listing to have Prime content not even showing up? Tongue

RE: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - Massimo Gnerucci - 01-04-2017 09:11 AM

(01-04-2017 08:44 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  Is it possible to filter the View Today's Posts listing to have Prime content not even showing up? Tongue

I second this!

RE: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - EdS2 - 01-04-2017 09:40 AM

(01-04-2017 09:11 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 08:44 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  Is it possible to filter the View Today's Posts listing to have Prime content not even showing up? Tongue

I second this!

I recently discovered that I can sort the today's post table by forum, which means I can ignore all the Prime posts as a single block.

RE: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - Thomas Radtke - 01-04-2017 03:00 PM

(01-04-2017 09:40 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  I recently discovered that I can sort the today's post table by forum, which means I can ignore all the Prime posts as a single block.
Thanks! Much better, but maybe Prime subjects could appear in light grey or something? That would make it much easier for Prime-fans to identify their topics, as they should be used to barely visible texts by now Big Grin.

RE: Survey: Subforums or new folders for hp-prime - EdS2 - 01-05-2017 11:14 AM

Here's a bookmarklet to disappear the HP Prime rows:

Quote:javascript:(function(){[].slice.call(document.querySelectorAll('a'), 0).forEach(function(e){if (('innerHTML' in e) && e.innerHTML=="HP Prime"){e.parentElement.parentElement.style.display='none'}})})();void(0)

(Make a new bookmark, of any page at all, then edit it and paste that line into the target address, and edit the bookmark name to noPrime or similar.)