HP Forums
Help/user button to advanced option user/help - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Help/user button to advanced option user/help (/thread-5795.html)

Help/user button to advanced option user/help - luisphysics - 03-01-2016 10:42 PM

So sometimes I like to eliminate pressing more buttons than is needed. And although I do like having help as a first class citizen, I'd like the option to artificially toggle something in the settings that made it so I could have user key the first class.

Tim do you think this is a reasonable request?

I'm not trying to change the layout of the keyboard, because I do use the help, but sometimes in in production mode.

RE: Help/user button to advanced option user/help - cyrille de brébisson - 03-02-2016 06:34 AM

Hello,

I assume that you want, on a per key basis, to be able to remap the keyboard, including user keys in the map.

Is that what you are trying to do?

Cyrille

RE: Help/user button to advanced option user/help - luisphysics - 03-02-2016 06:17 PM

I just want to be able to hit the user key without pressing shift first.

RE: Help/user button to advanced option user/help - primer - 03-03-2016 08:28 AM

(03-02-2016 06:17 PM)luisphysics Wrote:  I just want to be able to hit the user key without pressing shift first.
If I understand you want to press [help] key and it behave like [user] (shift-help)?

myself I only hit [user] very rarely : I only set user mode and I stay in this mode forever.
Do you so often enable/disable user mode ?