HP Forums
Stolen WP 31S - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Stolen WP 31S (/thread-3674.html)

Stolen WP 31S - Sanjeev Visvanatha - 04-19-2015 11:26 PM

My WP 31S was stolen... by my nine year old son. Missing are the calculator, case and printed manual.

Bandit has not been seen, but I heard an outcry: "Dad! Your name is in the manual!"

The first of my two young ones have started their RPN path.

RE: Stolen WP 31S - Paul Dale - 04-19-2015 11:28 PM

Nice!

Pauli

RE: Stolen WP 31S - rprosperi - 04-20-2015 01:37 AM

Excellent parenting Sanjeev! You've obviously instilled the proper appreciation for fine quality and efficient tools into your family. Now it seems the focus needs to shift to that "borrowing" thing... ;-)

RE: Stolen WP 31S - walter b - 04-20-2015 06:23 AM

So you did successfully create something reasonable appealing to the younger generation. Nice, isn't it?

d:-)

RE: Stolen WP 31S - Sanjeev Visvanatha - 04-20-2015 12:49 PM

Yes, it is satisfying that a new generation finds some appeal in it. It's also interesting to me to watch someone with a grade 4 mathematics background using a RPN calculator with little effort. Young brains train easily. Also, they were relieved to see that Pi had a prominent place in the keyboard. The 31S has a winning keyboard design, for sure.

RE: Stolen WP 31S - Sanjeev Visvanatha - 04-24-2015 10:01 PM

This theft has caused a stir amongst individuals similarly aged in the same residence. I now have another 30B on order as well as another printed manual (this time from Create Space).

We made a four sided cylinder with each side named after a stack register (classic 4 level stack) as a visual aid for stack roll operations. Kids are inventive!

RE: Stolen WP 31S - walter b - 04-24-2015 10:14 PM

Smile Smile Smile

RE: Stolen WP 31S - BarryMead - 04-24-2015 10:59 PM

(04-24-2015 10:01 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  This theft has caused a stir amongst individuals similarly aged in the same residence. I now have another 30B on order as well as another printed manual (this time from Create Space).

We made a four sided cylinder with each side named after a stack register (classic 4 level stack) as a visual aid for stack roll operations. Kids are inventive!
Inventive kids love to experiment with semi-mechanical representations of abstract concepts.
Maybe they would enjoy playing with the "Digi-Comp II" a mechanical representation of a serial binary adder/subtracter/multiplyer. shown here