HP Forums
32sii integration memory requirements - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: 32sii integration memory requirements (/thread-233.html)

32sii integration memory requirements - Ail - 12-25-2013 04:33 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to fit a Cubic/Quadratic solver in the 32sii while leaving enough memory for integration, how much memory exactly is actually needed for integration in the 32sii? Or does it varies with the function being integrated? I know roughly that my 32sii throws up a MEMORY FULL error with less than 100bytes left when attempting to integrate.

RE: 32sii integration memory requirements - Katie Wasserman - 12-25-2013 05:27 AM

Quote: how much memory exactly is actually needed for integration in the 32sii?

Quite a lot - 140 bytes. Although the 32sii is my favorite HP calculator, I hardly ever use integration on this as it's such a memory hog. The solver, on the other hand, is pretty good and only uses 33.5 byes Everything else is very memory efficient.

RE: 32sii integration memory requirements - Ail - 12-25-2013 05:59 AM

Thanks for the reply! It's a pity really, 384 bytes of memory. The potential of the 32sii can be so much more with simply more memory.

RE: 32sii integration memory requirements - Thomas Radtke - 12-25-2013 06:57 AM

(12-25-2013 05:59 AM)Ail Wrote:  The potential of the 32sii can be so much more with simply more memory.
Yes, but I'm under the impression 'power-users' use different calculators ;-(. When the 33S came out, *apparently* no one was really happy with its 32kB and the question came up what to do with it when there are only single-letter lables. Finally the 35s solved that problem but at the same time severe quality problems of this line of calculators became obvious (it is a successful model nonetheless, with a known production run a couple of years after its introduction-someone mentioned the year 2010). But again, advanced users dismissed this calculator.

I personally love the 32SII. It gives you no riddles, has a lot of features, great display and was quite inexpensive back then. Serves me well since the early 90th :-).

RE: 32sii integration memory requirements - walter b - 12-25-2013 11:43 AM

(12-25-2013 06:57 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  
(12-25-2013 05:59 AM)Ail Wrote:  The potential of the 32sii can be so much more with simply more memory.
Yes, but I'm under the impression 'power-users' use different calculators ;-(. When the 33S came out, *apparently* no one was really happy with its 32kB and the question came up what to do with it when there are only single-letter lables. Finally the 35s solved that problem but at the same time severe quality problems of this line of calculators became obvious (it is a successful model nonetheless, with a known production run a couple of years after its introduction-someone mentioned the year 2010).
Well, well, the potential of some calculators could be much more:
  • the 32sii with more memory,
  • the 35s with another keyboard layout,
  • the 17bii+ with repurposability,
  • the 30b with a better display,
  • etc.
After all, the Pioneers were a very successful product family - they offered a model for everyone and kept a very reasonable quality standard in almost every aspect (at least before changing keyboard colors and turning to printed keys).

If the 35s is really still produced: did it get some of its bugs removed meanwhile?

d:-)

RE: 32sii integration memory requirements - Thomas Radtke - 12-25-2013 01:27 PM

Not in 2010 (hearsay).

Never change a selling product ;-(.