[WTB] dead Voyager unit(s) [SOLVED]
01-19-2018, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2018 07:09 AM by grsbanks.)
[WTB] dead Voyager unit(s) [SOLVED]
I have recently come into two Voyager units, an HP-15C and a 16C.

They both work perfectly, however the 15C has lost its badge and the LCD on the 16C has caught the dreaded LCD bleed disease. Both of these Voyagers are the type B with one coil spring (+ve side) and one flat leaf spring (-ve side) in the battery compartment and a single plastic sheet on the left hand side. See attached photo.

What I'm looking for therefore is ideally a dead 15C (not the LE but the pre-1989 original) that can serve as a donor for the badge and for the LCD. If you would rather not part with a 15C, even dead, then any type B Voyager would be a suitable donor for the LCD, they're the same across the range.

Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: [WTB] dead Voyager unit(s)
(01-19-2018 04:50 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  I have recently come into two Voyager units, an HP-15C and a 16C.

They both work perfectly, however the 15C has lost its badge and the LCD on the 16C has caught the dreaded LCD bleed disease.

What I'm looking for therefore is ideally a dead 15C (not the LE but the pre-1989 original) that can serve as a donor for the badge and for the LCD. If you would rather not part with a 15C, even dead, then any Voyager would be a suitable donor for the LCD, they're the same across the range.

Thanks in advance.

There are different Voyager part configurations that are not compatible. You will need a donor from the same 'type' Voyager as your 16C unit is. There were (as far as this topic is concerned) 2 types, easily distinguished externally by checking the battery bay. Type A has the same type of 'flat' spring battery contacts on both sides (and typically has clear plastic sheets on each side to retain the batteries), while Type B has a larger coil spring only the left side (and I believe only a single clear plastic retainer). LCD modules are the same for all models of the same Type.

So check your 16C type and update the request or you could end up with incompatible parts.

Thanks to Paul Berger for this insight.

--Bob Prosperi
01-19-2018, 05:25 PM
RE: [WTB] dead Voyager unit(s)
Thanks for the heads-up Bob. All three Voyager units that I have are type B with a spring on the left and a single plastic sheet on that side.

I'll update my original post.
01-22-2018, 07:09 AM
RE: [WTB] dead Voyager unit(s) [SOLVED]
Just to let you know that a donor machine is on its way to me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)