Thinning my collection
07-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Thinning my collection
Hello, folks. It's been some years since I was on these forums, but I'm back, and trying to clean house. I have some calculators which I hope some HP lovers will like, at prices I hope are tempting.

I think you can email me through the forum, now that I am registered. If not, please let me know here, and I'll try to figure it out. I would like, if possible, the price listed plus the cost of shipping by reasonably cheap USPS in the USA. For other countries, I am not sure how. Paypal or money order or just about anything will be fine.

1: An HP 48G+ with 128K ram label. Clean, in case, with manuals. Along with this is an 82240 thermal printer, with four extra rolls of paper and instruction manual. The printer does its self test, and responds to the calculator. $50 for the lot.

2: An 18C that looks to be clean, and appears to work fine. It has weak batteries and a dim display but still goes. Includes its manual, a Training Guide from Grapevine press, and "How to Use in Real Estate." You can have that bundle for $20

3: A 10C in good working order. Serial #2237A07081, USA, well used and not minty, but it works fine. I'm under the impression that these are a bit rare, so hope $25 will do it. Has a soft case that may not be the correct one for it.

4: A 12 C in good working order, but pretty rough and very well used, with manual. You can have that for $10. USA serial # 2804A00185. Not a museum piece, but it's a nice user.

The following are free for shipping:

5: A 32E without rechargeable battery, does not work. Brief display flash when starting cold, then nothing.

6: A33C without rechargeable battery, dirty and rough. It did work well but stopped. I think it may be the switch.

7: A 42S that does not work. Display is dead. Keyboard beeps on input. This has unfortunately been pried open and the bezel is badly damaged. It's dirty too.

8: A clean looking 10B which shows no sign of life at all.

Finally, for those wishing something other than HP, I have what is said to be a rather rare Sharp Elsi-mate EL-5001. It's a bit dirty, but in good working order and should clean up well. Appears all functions work, battery terminals are clean, and the original rechargeable battery is with it. For those unfamiliar with this one, it has a drum switch that changes the functions of four top keys to run different built in programs, and is, apparently unique in this. $20 takes it away.

Somewhere I also have a couple of the old TI calculators, including a printer, but have not dug them up yet, and including one that as I recall was a third party variant. If someone is really interested in these, please let me know.

My physical address is in Vermont, USA, and although it is possible in a pinch to use UPS and the like, it's a bit of a trip from the boonies here, so USPS flat rate or the like is the best for me. So expect shipping to come to something this side of $20 for most of the items here. The more you take at once, the cheaper it is. As there are no fortunes at stake here, you can pay on receipt. And if you have a good argument for why my prices are too high, I'll at least listen.

Matthew Currie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2016, 08:42 PM
RE: Thinning my collection
(07-10-2016 08:07 PM)Matthew Currie Wrote:  I have some calculators which I hope some HP lovers will like, at prices I hope are tempting.

PM sent!

SlideRule
07-10-2016, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 05:17 AM by Matthew Currie.)
So far I have responses on the 48G and 10C, the 32 and 33, the Sharp and some interest in the TI, which I'll look into soon.

Owing to confusion over times, I will try to give priority to PM, followed by Email, followed by post.

e.t.a. gone are the 18C and 12C

Looks as if only 10B and 42s are left....nope, 42s just went too.
07-11-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm under the impression you just gave away a few hundered Dollars, Matthew. I hope this was intended and not in error.
07-11-2016, 02:18 PM
(07-11-2016 06:09 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  I'm under the impression you just gave away a few hundered Dollars, Matthew. I hope this was intended and not in error.
Yes, intended. I have too much stuff, and it's time for a few people to get something they appreciate.

Don't worry, I'm keeping a couple.
07-11-2016, 03:15 PM
(07-11-2016 02:18 PM)Matthew Currie Wrote:  Don't worry, I'm keeping a couple.
Do you have a 19Bii with the battery door on back?

SlideRule
07-11-2016, 03:46 PM
(07-11-2016 03:15 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 02:18 PM)Matthew Currie Wrote:  Don't worry, I'm keeping a couple.
Do you have a 19Bii with the battery door on back?

SlideRule
Sorry, no. Only one left to go is dead 10b that takes same cover as 42S and 17BII etc.
07-11-2016, 03:54 PM
So at this juncture I have the following results, which I hope will be fairly satisfactory. I was remiss, I think, in not being more specific at the start about contact priority, but Sliderule's PM beats HP41's email by about 20 minutes, and his PM by some.

HP41 seemed rather more interested in the Sharp, so I would ask that if Sliderule is amenable, perhaps he could defer on that, but I will leave it to them.

So far, we have Sliderule getting the 10C, the 12C, the 32 and 33, and the Sharp.

HP41CX gets the 48G bundle.

John R gets the 18C and the 42 S

I have yet to go down to the deep dark recesses of the outbuilding to dig out the TI's but when I do, I so far have several interested parties whom I'll PM in order.

I have postal addresses for HP41 and John R and will send as soon as possible, maybe today if time allows.
07-11-2016, 04:13 PM
(07-11-2016 03:54 PM)Matthew Currie Wrote:  HP41 seemed rather more interested in the Sharp, so I would ask that if Sliderule is amenable, perhaps he could defer on that, but I will leave it to them.

Already done & agreed to by PM. HP41, enjoy the Sharp.

BEST!
SlideRule
07-11-2016, 07:03 PM
(07-11-2016 04:13 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 03:54 PM)Matthew Currie Wrote:  HP41 seemed rather more interested in the Sharp, so I would ask that if Sliderule is amenable, perhaps he could defer on that, but I will leave it to them.

Already done & agreed to by PM. HP41, enjoy the Sharp.

BEST!
SlideRule

Thank's ;-)

Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All BasicĀ“s
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2016, 10:23 PM
I did some mailing today, and managed to mess up, so I hope all can be resolved via PM etc. Anyway, Rob Prosperi was supposed to get the 48C, but I miscopied emails and sent it to HP41 instead. I will try to get that all straightened out. Sheesh. I shoulda stayed in bed this morning!

Anyway, I hope I got the rest right, and hope everyone likes whatever they find in the boxes.

TI not tested yet, will try to get back to people in order when I figure out what's actually there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)