Woodstock series expansion
12-01-2015, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 08:19 PM by Harald.)
Woodstock series expansion
Do you know what this is supposed to be?

[Image: 67eodpzu.jpg]

This is my first attempt at puzzling Woodstock and Spice keys into a Woodstock 67. I am not quite happy with the result yet. I don't like my solution for (i), a real problem is DSP and the coulor scheme is not entirely satisfying either.
Any thoughts, suggestions or improvements?

Since the shifted function lables can easyly be removed, I'd like to avoid stickers on the keys and modify Panamatiks overlay to include the "h" shifted functions instead.

Edit: oops, . and 0 need swapping of course Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 10:50 AM by PANAMATIK.)
RE: Woodstock series expansion
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Harald Wrote:  Any thoughts, suggestions or improvements?

Since the shifted function lables can easyly be removed, I'd like to avoid stickers on the keys and modify Panamatiks overlay to include the "h" shifted functions instead.

I think the HP-67 vinyl overlay can be adapted easily in your case by cutting the key stickers in half and add only the 'h' functions and use the complete key stickers for DSP and (i). Applying the base overlay however will improve your model significantly.

Edit: Keeping the original STO and RCL buttons would result in a better color match. But I think this little improvement you surely have seen already by yourself Smile

Nice work.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
12-04-2015, 02:52 PM
(12-03-2015 05:58 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:55 PM)Harald Wrote:  Any thoughts, suggestions or improvements?

I think the HP-67 vinyl overlay can be adapted easily in your case by cutting the key stickers in half and add only the 'h' functions and use the complete key stickers for DSP and (i). Applying the base overlay however will improve your model significantly.

Edit: Keeping the original STO and RCL buttons would result in a better color match. But I think this little improvement you surely have seen already by yourself Smile

Nice work.

Bernhard

I thought about cutting the lables in half and only sticking them on the slanted part of the keys. Alternatively I could create a modified overlay that also contains the "h - shifted" legends. But that would be a lot more work - and without a good solution for the "DSP" key I am not sure it is worth the effort. The only Woodstock DSP key is the HP21 one, and that doesn't fit. HP 67 keys don't fit either.

So I'd appreciate if anyone comes up with an idea as to which key might be used. I'd also accept a different labeling if it somehow makes sense. "i" instead of "(i)" is not too bad for example.
12-05-2015, 12:55 AM
(12-04-2015 02:52 PM)Harald Wrote:  I thought about cutting the lables in half and only sticking them on the slanted part of the keys.

This seems to me the best soution. You need only two keys with a complete label to get a nearly perfect woodstock HP-67 with your keys. There is no woodstock calculator with (i) button. Nor other models have it, the HP-67 is the only one. While the HP-21 DSP button doesn't fit, have you tried the DSP button of the HP-70?

To make another overlay with 'h' functions printed below the buttons costs about 90,- Euro, without having payed the designer, and i'm not sure if it is possible at all to have enough space for the additional labels.

Bernhard

01-11-2016, 12:16 PM
It has been a while since my initial post, but I have been busy with other things...
But now I found some time and got one step further:

[Image: 67e2ycqe1.jpg]

Still not really happy. I am wondering whether to cut the DSP lable in half and live with the wrong key labeling or leave it like this.

Now I need to start playing with it. First will be the factors and primes program from the HP program pack.
01-12-2016, 02:42 AM
(01-11-2016 12:16 PM)Harald Wrote:  Still not really happy. I am wondering whether to cut the DSP lable in half and live with the wrong key labeling or leave it like this.

Your options are:

1.) Use the complete overlay, advantage of equally distributed labels and colors.
2.) Use HP-21 DSP button, abraze and polish right and left side to fit.
3.) Leave your solution. The DSP button is centered in the middle of the first row, this makes it mirror symmetrical. Very nice. You should be happy. Smile

Bernhard

05-31-2016, 09:06 PM
The Woodstock family including a couple of new family members:

[Image: woodstocks7xuqd.jpg]

Still no good solution for the DSP key in the 67E, but the reworked 34E (new overlay and correct R/S key) looks quite prettySmile
05-31-2016, 09:32 PM
(05-31-2016 09:06 PM)Harald Wrote:  ...
Still no good solution for the DSP key in the 67E, but the reworked 34E (new overlay and correct R/S key) looks quite prettySmile

Yes, and what a beautiful family portrait!
05-31-2016, 10:57 PM

Just to make clear for anybody: the available overlays provide original labels for all buttons like the DSP key.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RYXMwQ2poOS1CckE]

In my opinion it looks better when all buttons are relabeled the same way, or none of them like in your HP-34E. If you need another HP-67 overlay, just tell.

Which one is your reprogrammable GPS woodstock?

Bernhard

06-01-2016, 09:36 PM
(05-31-2016 10:57 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  

Just to make clear for anybody: the available overlays provide original labels for all buttons like the DSP key.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RYXMwQ2poOS1CckE]

In my opinion it looks better when all buttons are relabeled the same way, or none of them like in your HP-34E. If you need another HP-67 overlay, just tell.

Which one is your reprogrammable GPS woodstock?

Bernhard

Yes, sorry, that could be confusing. Bernhard has very good quality overlays available that include all the keys.
And they do look nice! However I got a bit over-enthusiastic and put 34c keys in a 25, then used Bernhard's overlay without the key stickers. This looks and also feels perfect.
Then I attempted to find woodstock and spice keys to represent the 67 keys. I ran out of luck on the "DSP" key though.

The top two rows in the picture are the original Woodstocks, the bottom row is 25e gps, 67e and 34e.

And in case you are wondering why I have 3 ACTs, there is a black market developing ;-) I got the third one from one of your customers who bought one more ACT then he needed. He ended up with calculators that weren't dead and didn't want to desolder the ACT from a working calculator...

Harald
06-01-2016, 11:45 PM
(06-01-2016 09:36 PM)Harald Wrote:  The top two rows in the picture are the original Woodstocks, the bottom row is 25e gps, 67e and 34e.

Ah, now I get it. I wondered, why you showed two HP-25s, but one is an HP-25E.
This is indeed a complete nice family then Smile

(06-01-2016 09:36 PM)Harald Wrote:  And in case you are wondering why I have 3 ACTs, there is a black market developing ;-) I got the third one from one of your customers who bought one more ACT then he needed. He ended up with calculators that weren't dead and didn't want to desolder the ACT from a working calculator...

Harald

In theory a black market can only emerge for illegal or regulated products. I'm sure this is not the case here. Smile

Bernhard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)