15LE (2e)
10-29-2015, 06:51 PM
15LE (2e)
ALL

Will TRADE an unopened 15c LE 2e (limited edition, 2nd production run) calculator for an HP-67/97 combo. I do NOT need any extras, ie case(s), charger(s), etc - just functioning and in decent shape 67/97 combo. Please PM if interested or if you have an interesting counter-offer.
ALL humurous rejoinders welcome, SERIOUS offers encouraged.

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2015, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2015 10:39 PM by Vtile.)
RE: 15LE (2e)
I will trade the 15LE(e2) to HP35S and CASIO ClassPadII both running first set of batteries. Unfortunately I have nothing interesting to offer for a HP entusiast only one old Canon slim metal case calc with solar power between 1983-1885, but nothing rare and one old beaten up Canon Card F-54 which is a personal treasure and not to be given anywhere. Tongue
10-30-2015, 12:14 AM
(10-29-2015 10:35 PM)Vtile Wrote:  I will trade ... HP35S and CASIO ...
Interesting ... but - I have and use an HP-35s (luv it) and many Casio calculators (many 115 variants) used in lecture(s) etc for Technical Mathematics classes.

BEST!
SlideRule
10-30-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 11:04 AM by Vtile.)
(10-30-2015 12:14 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  
(10-29-2015 10:35 PM)Vtile Wrote:  I will trade ... HP35S and CASIO ...
Interesting ... but - I have and use an HP-35s (luv it) and many Casio calculators (many 115 variants) used in lecture(s) etc for Technical Mathematics classes.

BEST!
SlideRule
Sry, if this is totally non desired to your classified topic. I'll remove it
ClassPad 2 is nice as what comes about CAS, basic calculus (polynomials, fractions and so on) and as a learning environment (heh. the name isn't for nothing) I knew this, but the new style of calculator interface with large screen and stylus were too much an atraction for me (coming from TI-83+ "graphing four calc" paired with Maple and Matlab to modern handheld). My idea were that I would program the tools what I need, but there were certain unappealing things on it to name a few:
- The UI is more for learning and playing around (it is pretty good and cool for that what I played around with it) with maths than work.
- The softkeyboard layout have no full customisation what I know (or it needs to be done through custom programming, what I expected such a piece & price in year 2014 would have drag&drop softkey editor to make it fit your needs.)
- The keyboard is a bit flimsy (not a real issue, since it is still predictable)
- Couldn't find the information I needed from the net 7/10 times ended up to some Spanish community and unfortunately I only read and speak a few words of that.
- The programming editor and environment in calc just did turn me off, coupled with lack of information I did found for it. Maybe the 330 version is fully supported with 400 don't know.
- Programming with the softkeyboard, with basic/pascal/algol style long expressions/mnemonic is pita.
- The UI is a bit glumsy at corners.
- The Hard keyboard lacks of basic function keys (well they are under shifting, but without any stencil or quick "pop up keyboard tip window" to locate them. Add few customs and you found yourself quessing for minute or two and removing the error presses from calculation itself.
- Complex number handling weren't too fluent what I remember. (The generic Solve command for both single and systems of equation works without any hickups what I remember though.)

There is lots of good things also, if I were to enter the world of technical math from start again I think above list would be ½ of the lenght.

I haven't used the HP35S for a few months now, I really like it but the complex number handling/working with weren't at level it should be IIRC (I used word disgrace, but I think it is too strong word) for a such highend & high dollar scientific, also IIRC the polar<>rectangular coordinate system could have been smoother. The sticky/cloning upmost stack were driving me nuts for daily quick calcs without program to take care of stack level counting. (as we are living a year 2015, would have been expected something more advanced (even more so from HP) what comes for UI to support user and minimise errors ie. to prevent the double calculating the upmost stack and start over.. Even 4 dot indicators at the end of display would be a big upgrade). I thought I can handle it with one hand, but unfortunalty it is quarter of an inch too wide, maybe with some sort of rubber grib to backpanel will do the trick.
It is keeper never the less.

Voyager 15C is something tempting with complex handling and small size, but I assume there is the same cloning X stack (or what the upmost stack/accumulator were called) functionality as is inherited to 35S. Smile

/offtopic

Best wishes for your HP-67/97 combo hunt.
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
(10-29-2015 06:51 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  ALL

Will TRADE an unopened 15c LE 2e (limited edition, 2nd production run) calculator for an HP-67/97 combo. I do NOT need any extras, ie case(s), charger(s), etc - just functioning and in decent shape 67/97 combo. Please PM if interested or if you have an interesting counter-offer.
ALL humurous rejoinders welcome, SERIOUS offers encouraged.

BEST!
SlideRule

I have a 67 only not a combo, but works.

Csaba
11-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Quote:

Csaba

Thanks for the reply and the offer, exactly in the spirit of my post. I don't need any XTRAS (case, charger, etc.) just the basic calculator pair. If the card readers work, great! If not, ok. If you feel the value of the exchange is unbalanced - suggest a remedy.

Again, thanks for the response, Csaba - BEST!
SlideRule
11-08-2015, 07:55 PM
(11-08-2015 01:28 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  
Quote:

Csaba

Thanks for the reply and the offer, exactly in the spirit of my post. I don't need any XTRAS (case, charger, etc.) just the basic calculator pair. If the card readers work, great! If not, ok. If you feel the value of the exchange is unbalanced - suggest a remedy.

Again, thanks for the response, Csaba - BEST!
SlideRule

Err..., OK, and what is this mean exactly?! Smile
You know that, my English is really terrible, please try to translate to Simplified English... Wink

Csaba
11-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Quote:I have a 67 only not a combo
Csaba

67-97 combo as a minimum - 67 only, sorry, I must decline.

BEST!
SlideRule
11-13-2015, 09:15 AM
(11-08-2015 11:39 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  
Quote:I have a 67 only not a combo
Csaba

67-97 combo as a minimum - 67 only, sorry, I must decline.

BEST!
SlideRule

Smile Thanks! Everything is clear now!

Csaba

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)