WP34s: lost portion of stock library programs
09-30-2015, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 12:06 PM by Lode.)
WP34s: lost portion of stock library programs
Hello,

Somehow, a portion of the library programs on my WP34s went missing. The following ones are no longer in the list:

TVM, Vec, V.V, V+V, V-V, V<->V, Vun, VxS, VAB, V+-, VLx, VxV

I do not remember deliberately removing those.

I have two questions:

1) Any idea how I could have accidently wiped those programs? So that I can prevent accidently doing this in the future.

2) What is the easiest way to get them back without reflashing? Is it typing them manually from http://sourceforge.net/p/wp34s/code/HEAD/tree/library/? If so, how do I get them in Lib instead of in RAM, and in the same order as they were before?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: WP34s: lost portion of stock library programs
I sympathize, because I erased my own TVM from the flash before I knew what I was doing. On the plus side, I learned a lot about where the functions were located on the keyboard because I re-entered it by hand. One other thing that I learned was that some features that can be generated by the compiler have no keyboard equivalent (particularly that narrow-space character used in TVM).

Any program you can enter into memory can also be written back to flash in the library using the PSTO command. It is unclear to me whether you can select the order of routines in the library.
09-30-2015, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 02:11 PM by Lode.)
Does that mean there is no way to get the original TVM program with narrow spaces back without reflashing?

And what could have wiped it? Would CLP wipe it? I use CLP to clear my own RAM programs, could it have deleted that flash memory program?
09-30-2015, 03:33 PM
No keyboard entry of narrow spaces, CLP erases program from library
(09-30-2015 02:10 PM)Lode Wrote:  Does that mean there is no way to get the original TVM program with narrow spaces back without reflashing?

That is what I've been told. I don't have a programming cable of my own yet, but will probably just build one.

(09-30-2015 02:10 PM)Lode Wrote:  And what could have wiped it? Would CLP wipe it? I use CLP to clear my own RAM programs, could it have deleted that flash memory program?

I think that may be what deleted my TVM library routine. The manual says that CLP, "Clears the current program, i.e. the one the program pointer is in." Because it does not restrict that by saying 'in RAM', I take it to mean it will clear from the flash as well if that is where the pointer is at the time.

Alan
10-03-2015, 04:18 PM
(09-30-2015 02:10 PM)Lode Wrote:  And what could have wiped it? Would CLP wipe it? I use CLP to clear my own RAM programs, could it have deleted that flash memory program?

Lode, striegel got it right CLP will wipe a flash program as well. To get the code back into the calculator you will need a serial connection between your PC or MAC running one of the emulators. You can then copy the programs from the emulator to the calculator RAM and PSTO into flash. PSTO will always put the code at the end of the library space. That's a restriction imposed by the limited RAM and programming space of the Atmel chip.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
10-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Suggestion for a change:

Give bigger warning when using CLP on an irreplaceable library program, than when using CLP on a program from RAM. Will you consider it?

Thank you Smile
02-06-2017, 10:46 PM
(10-04-2015 10:47 PM)Lode Wrote:  Suggestion for a change:

Give bigger warning when using CLP on an irreplaceable library program, than when using CLP on a program from RAM. Will you consider it?

Thank you Smile

+1

This happened to me also. Fortunately the program I deleted was the inverse Gamma function, and that one it seems does not use any special characters not available from the calculator itself. I was able to punch in the instructions (which I got from the WP34s on my iPhone ...) and get it back. It's not in the same place in the library (as mentioned earlier) but at least all the functionality is restored.

Best,

Robert

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)