Woodstock familly
04-05-2015, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 07:35 AM by Oulan.)
Woodstock familly
With the release of go21, go22, go27, go29c (and the upgrade of go25c)
the woodstock familly is almost completely emulated on android.
(go67 and go97 can be included in this family, but HP19C rom is not available)

Olivier

P.S. Thanks to Panamatik for the roms dumps

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Woodstock familly
Is there any way we can get you to develop these for iPhone/iPad ?
Currently there are no HP 22, 27 or 29 emulators for iOS.
Bob
04-05-2015, 07:08 PM
(04-05-2015 06:56 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Is there any way we can get you to develop these for iPhone/iPad ?
Currently there are no HP 22, 27 or 29 emulators for iOS.
Bob

Why don't you jump on android, instead? Wink

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2015, 07:17 PM
We do have some beautiful emulators for iOS for:
HP 21, 25, 67, 97 and for the Classics 35, 45 and 70.
These not only emulate the originals but offer many
Enhancements such as screens to view all registers
& copy and paste results to and from the display.
Bob
04-05-2015, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 07:55 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(04-05-2015 07:17 PM)bshoring Wrote:  We do have some beautiful emulators for iOS for:
HP 21, 25, 67, 97 and for the Classics 35, 45 and 70.
These not only emulate the originals but offer many
Enhancements such as screens to view all registers
& copy and paste results to and from the display.
Bob

We have them for android, too...
But now we also have the 22, 27, 29... Smile

I think you will also have them soon.

Just kiddin' of course, but I can't stand i-things.

Greetings,
    Massimo

04-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Different strokes for different folks ! Makes life interesting.
Bob
04-05-2015, 08:51 PM
(04-05-2015 08:40 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Different strokes for different folks ! Makes life interesting.
Bob

Sure! You're right Bob.

Greetings,
    Massimo

04-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Very nice work, bravo!
04-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi, would it be possible to enable save/load of programs in your go25c?
P.
04-29-2015, 09:38 PM
(04-29-2015 02:35 PM)pito Wrote:  Hi, would it be possible to enable save/load of programs in your go25c?
P.

That's up to the developer, of course. However, a good example of how it could be done is with the iOS app GO-25 SciRPN. You can see a good explanation of all the program saving options at http://www.bigcatos.com/BigCatOs/GO-25.html#widget13

What I particularly like is the fact that you can paste programs from email, the web, or load directly from Dropbox (a document sharing app). As long as the program listing shows the keycodes (see the website) and instructions, it works perfectly.

I would think this could be implemented on Android versions of the GO-25 & GO-29. It would be a bit more work for the developer, but would greatly enhance the appeal of the applications.

Bob
04-30-2015, 06:42 AM
(04-29-2015 09:38 PM)bshoring Wrote:  However, a good example of how it could be done is with the iOS app GO-25 SciRPN.
Very nice! I like much the inclusion of the comments there so we can see the "help".
Would be great to have the load/save of programs (to the sdcard) as the '25 is ideal for occasional calculations..
P.
04-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi,

Yes it would be nice, but go25 is a free app ... so if you want more functionalities, get go41cx for example Smile (but go67 would be a better choice if you want woodstock capabilities)

Adding all the copy/paste and so on is quite time consuming so I prefer to give a nice faithful emulator. Do not forget that most people do not want to pay for a calculator app.

For go29, perhaps in a later revision I could had some save/load ... (actually only 10 persons bough it over a month ...)
04-30-2015, 09:16 AM
I can recommend go29c on a Samsung S3 - very aesthetically pleasant skin, not too cluttered for the size & an agreeable reminiscence of the original.
04-30-2015, 11:02 AM
While at this I recommend go41cx on a Samsung Note3. Nice, fast and almost same size as the original.

Greetings,
    Massimo

04-30-2015, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 06:48 PM by pito.)
(04-30-2015 08:43 AM)Oulan Wrote:  For go29, perhaps in a later revision I could had some save/load ... (actually only 10 persons bough it over a month ...)
With save/load you might sell 14 a month.. Smile
I doubt somebody will work with go2x today without a chance to simply save/load a program from a list.. Even it is free..
Providing a compatible format (ie as mentioned above by Bob) might increase the chance even the younger people may start to share small programs.. (not only us, retired EEs Smile )
PS: free42 on my S2 works nice too..
PS1: Maybe this site would be a good place for creating a repository for such smaller programs (for smartphone based programmable calculators with save/load capabilities).
04-30-2015, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 09:19 PM by bshoring.)
Just my two cents here...

For iOS, the GO-25 SciRPN app has been quite popular. I forget the price, but it was less than $4.00 US. At least 30 purchasers have bothered to leave a review, so I am sure the number who paid for it is a lot higher. Considering how many Android devices are out there, I would think there is a decent market of individuals who would be willing to pay (not more than $ 5.00 US) to have the added functionality of saving, pasting, importing programs. Especially if you added the ability to Insert and Delete program steps without messing up GTO instructions. If you added the ability to copy and paste numbers to and from the display and (like the referenced iOS app) and offered a Register view by tapping the display, I think such a product would be very popular. Developers should get paid for their time, in my opinion, Especially if you are the only one offering such a product. With iOS, many developers offer both a free version and a paid version that has added capabilities. If one tries out the free version and loves it, they would be more likely to pay for the full version. Since there is a lot of current interest in the HP-25, I think adding these capabilities would be worth it. Of course, ideally, having save and import program function on any programmable calculator would be a great thing in my opinion.

Regards,
Bob
05-01-2015, 04:42 AM
(04-30-2015 09:18 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Just my two cents here...

For iOS, the GO-25 SciRPN app has been quite popular. I forget the price, but it was less than $4.00 US. At least 30 purchasers have bothered to leave a review, so I am sure the number who paid for it is a lot higher. Considering how many Android devices are out there, I would think there is a decent market of individuals who would be willing to pay (not more than $ 5.00 US) to have the added functionality of saving, pasting, importing programs. Especially if you added the ability to Insert and Delete program steps without messing up GTO instructions. If you added the ability to copy and paste numbers to and from the display and (like the referenced iOS app) and offered a Register view by tapping the display, I think such a product would be very popular. Developers should get paid for their time, in my opinion, Especially if you are the only one offering such a product. With iOS, many developers offer both a free version and a paid version that has added capabilities. If one tries out the free version and loves it, they would be more likely to pay for the full version. Since there is a lot of current interest in the HP-25, I think adding these capabilities would be worth it. Of course, ideally, having save and import program function on any programmable calculator would be a great thing in my opinion.

Regards,
Bob

The HP-25E and HP-29E calculators with new ACT chip can load/store 110 programs (110*49 steps) / 30 programs (30*98 steps) and can print programs to IR printer. They have also capability of inserting/deleting program steps without messing up GTO instructions.

However they are more expensive and cannot make phone calls.

I bought the GO-25 and other smart phone calculators, they are very nice but I don't actually use them. I think the reason is: they don't have "real buttons". They cannot compete IMO against the real calculators for this reason. Anyway load/save programs would be very useful.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
05-01-2015, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 08:40 AM by pito.)
(05-01-2015 04:42 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  The HP-25E and HP-29E calculators with new ACT chip can load/store 110 programs (110*49 steps) / 30 programs (30*98 steps) and can print programs to IR printer.
Even a calculator has got N*Steps internal storage, there is still the issue you do not have save/load capability. Simply the Murphy laws apply. 35y back while playing with my first programmable, it was not an issue. In 2015 it is assumed by all users you can l/s, and, you can use (or post) some code from a repository easily. "Easily" is important here. Retyping the code is not the way to go, as I can solve my problems much faster in matematica then Smile
The ability to l/s is a strong driver for users of any such device. Much stronger driver would be "the ability to choose" from vast amount of existing code.
I own today hp25 (original) and wp34s but not using them (because I cannot l/s easily). I own PC1251 too (which can do l/s) but I do not use it as I do not have a code repo handy Smile
The smartphones are of course the (only) way to go for several _very_ obvious reasons (ie. look at the latest wp43 topics), even I do understand the button's click of early hps is something we certainly will miss Smile
05-01-2015, 11:36 PM
I like to use both. There's nothing like the feel of a real calculator! There are also times that it is not convenient to carry one, so the emulators can be a great substitute. Also for many of us it is not possible to own all the different models, so emulators can give us the experience.

Bob
05-02-2015, 01:19 AM
(05-01-2015 04:42 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  and cannot make phone calls.

And they have other great features, in addition to that one.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)