CL to CL: success!
01-19-2014, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 10:56 AM by Ángel Martin.)
CL to CL: success!
The title says it all: the first communication between two CL machines has happened successfully.

Finally got the host for my V4 board up to the challenge and installed the serial link connector. With that and the appropriate cable it's a breeze to send data back and forth between the V4 and V3 CL boards, simply using the serial functions YIMP and YEXP in the receiving and sending ends respectively.

Really works like a charm, next step should be a more selective DATA / individual Program transfer routines... and all when you thought you'd seen it all the 41 had to offer :-)

Cheers,
'AM

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: CL to CL: success!
(01-19-2014 10:55 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  The title says it all: the first communication between two CL machines has happened successfully.

Finally got the host for my V4 board up to the challenge and installed the serial link connector. With that and the appropriate cable it's a breeze to send data back and forth between the V4 and V3 CL boards, simply using the serial functions YIMP and YEXP in the receiving and sending ends respectively.

Really works like a charm, next step should be a more selective DATA / individual Program transfer routines... and all when you thought you'd seen it all the 41 had to offer :-)

Cheers,
'AM
excuse me Angel , maybe I did not completely understand: did you tranfer datas directly between the two calculators using a cross cable?
01-19-2014, 11:17 AM
(01-19-2014 11:10 AM)aurelio Wrote:  excuse me Angel , maybe I did not completely understand: did you tranfer datas directly between the two calculators using a cross cable?

exactly.
01-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Well done Ángel!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2014, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 01:21 PM by aurelio.)
(01-19-2014 12:30 PM)Geir Isene Wrote:  Excuse my ignorance; Cross-cable? Ebay-link perhaps?
I don't think so, Geir, if you look carefully to the picture, it shows two different connectors plugged in the two CL, I don' think for this reason to a bought factory cable, probabily a self made cable, but Angel will answer directly to your question.
Ciao
01-19-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 02:46 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(01-19-2014 01:19 PM)aurelio Wrote:  
(01-19-2014 12:30 PM)Geir Isene Wrote:  Excuse my ignorance; Cross-cable? Ebay-link perhaps?
I don't think so, Geir, if you look carefully to the picture, it shows two different connectors plugged in the two CL, I don' think for this reason to a bought factory cable, probabily a self made cable, but Angel will answer directly to your question.
Ciao

I used a modified serial cable - that has the PC side replaced with another RCA jack so both sides have the same connector. Actually Monte provided the hardware change details, I just completed the test.
01-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Impressive Ángel! Do you plan to use one of the calculators for a working calculator and one for a storage calculator?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2014, 10:14 PM
(01-22-2014 01:33 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Impressive Ángel! Do you plan to use one of the calculators for a working calculator and one for a storage calculator?

Well not sure, so far I use it to sync up both machines' I/O configuration, i.e. make sure they have the same revisions of the ROM images plugged in. You may not see the usefulness of this, but believe me it helps when you're making changes on a weekly basis to the code :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)