HP Forums

Full Version: WP 34S Leather Case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are two low quality photographs of a custom case for the 30b/34S calculator with a braided edge:

[attachment=404] [attachment=405]

I haven't seen the case yet, but from previous experience, it will be very good. It is made from premium A grade thick leather and is fully lined with suede. The case is hand made by a professional shoe maker. The flap is held in place using velcro. The price is A$50 per case plus postage and the quality is top notch. There will be another version with a leather loop and tuck in flap, which will cost a little more. Photographs in due course.

Leather can presently be Brown Gloss, Cordovan Gloss, Matt Black, Black Patent or Red Patent (with slight internal glittery effect). The edging lace is presently available in black, brown or red. Other colours can be done by request but they will add a few dollars to the cost.

A number of other options are also available. Laser engraving a name or formulae would be a few dollars extra. A braided edge is something like A$20 more -- braiding this by hand is three or so hours work.

If you are interested in getting a nice case for your 34S, contact Kye at cases@solesensations.com.au to work out details.

The price will come down by about A$10 if ten or more cases are ordered. This will be worked out Kye if enough orders are made near each other.

Finally, if you have other custom calculator cases you'd like made, this can be arranged too.

- Pauli
Great! Smile

(03-25-2014 08:39 AM)Paul Dale Wrote: [ -> ]It is made from premium A grade thick leather and is fully lined with suede.

Seems my English is insufficient - or the photographs don't match the description. I expected a plain leather outside :-?

Quote:Leather can presently be Brown Gloss, Cordovan Gloss, Matt Black, Black Patent or Red Patent (with slight internal glittery effect).

With respect to colors, a picture tells more than a thousand words ... Wink (I don't know what e.g. a Patent color looks like.)

Quote:The price will come down by about A$10 if ten or more cases are ordered. This will be worked out Kye if enough orders are made near each other.

Remembering the skyrocket prices asked for Pioneer cases at TAS, I'm confident a reasonable number of orders will come. How about collecting them here and then forwarding them to Kye?

d:-)
(03-25-2014 09:02 AM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]I expected a plain leather outside :-?

The leather is plain. The external stitching is there because the leather is too thick to sew internally like the early pioneer cases -- the edges have a gusset in place to give the case thickness. Kye can do a pioneer or voyager style case with internal sewing. It would most likely be a little cheaper. Not as elegant or protective though. He's somewhat worried about it not looking as neat.

Quote:With respect to colors, a picture tells more than a thousand words ... Wink (I don't know what e.g. a Patent color looks like.)

Neither do I Smile

Quote:Remembering the skyrocket prices asked for Pioneer cases at TAS, I'm confident a reasonable number of orders will come. How about collecting them here and then forwarding them to Kye?

Certainly a possibility. It would depend on how many custom bits are wanted.

A slightly larger case that fitted the 34S and the quick reference guide would be nice even though the QRG is thicker than the calculator Smile

- Pauli
Here is an example of a printer case Kye made for me:

[attachment=403]

A great fit to the printer and nice thick and protective.

- Pauli
Patent leather is a high gloss leather. Picture military shine boots.

- Pauli
Thanks!

Please put me on the list for two (optionally three) Matt Black ones. If they fit a WP 34S they will fit my Pioneers as well. I assume we will collect orders for more than ten cases.

Pioneers are slightly wider. They might be a tight fit but a pioneer case is definitely possible -- I've had a couple of these made too.

- Pauli
(03-25-2014 10:04 AM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Please put me on the list for two (optionally three) Matt Black ones.
One Matt Black for me, with room for the pocket reference guide.
Quote:One Matt Black for me, with room for the pocket reference guide.

Do you want the pocket reference guide in its own separated section or would you prefer it in the same compartment as the calculator itself?

Cheers
Kye.
(03-25-2014 10:04 AM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

Please put me on the list for two (optionally three) Matt Black ones. If they fit a WP 34S they will fit my Pioneers as well. I assume we will collect orders for more than ten cases.

Walter,

if you are wanting to use the couple of case you have ordered for the Pioneers, Pauli has kindly offered me access to one of his to guarantee that I get the fit right. Just let me know if you want them tailer made for the slight size difference (no extra fee as its a nominal change)

Cheers
Kye.
Kye,

(03-25-2014 12:31 PM)SoleSensations Wrote: [ -> ]if you are wanting to use the couple of case you have ordered for the Pioneers, Pauli has kindly offered me access to one of his to guarantee that I get the fit right. Just let me know if you want them tailer made for the slight size difference (no extra fee as its a nominal change)

Thanks for your kind offer. Nevertheless, let's wait for a day or two - today is the first day this offer is published after taking quite some days to come to that point. I'd guess you'll see some more interest as soon as our US-American friends get awake. Just a bit of patience ...

(03-25-2014 11:11 AM)SoleSensations Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:One Matt Black for me, with room for the pocket reference guide.

Do you want the pocket reference guide in its own separated section or would you prefer it in the same compartment as the calculator itself?

Cheers
Kye.
I would prefer to have it in a separated section. Currently it is in the same compartment as the calculator within the standard case. I've noted that due to the tight fit, it's easier to have it above the calculator rather than under as in the pictures below, however having it above has damaged the key overlays at several places due to the friction with the paper when inserting/removing the calculator. Having it in the same compartment, I'm damaging either the reference guide or the key overlays, so it should not be in direct contact with the calculator.

[Image: Pocket_ref_3_s.jpg?psid=1] [Image: Pocket_ref_9_s.jpg?psid=1]
(03-25-2014 12:54 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to have it in a separated section. Currently it is in the same compartment as the calculator within the standard case. I've noted that due to the tight fit, it's easier to have it above the calculator rather than under as in the pictures below, however having it above has damaged the key overlays at several places due to the friction with the paper when inserting/removing the calculator. Having it in the same compartment, I'm damaging either the reference guide or the key overlays, so it should not be in direct contact with the calculator.

I can do that, I drew up a concept sketch today and I think it will work nicely. I will however need either precise measurements of the manual, or preferrably, the actual manual to get the compartment to be a good fit thats not going to damage the booklet.

Cheers
Kye.
For interest's sake, here are some photographs of an earlier & cheaper case Kye made for one of my Pioneers. This case is of thinner leather which is less protective, the side seams are internal and the tuck strip for the flap is attached by studs rather than being sewn into the side.

[attachment=424] [attachment=425]

- Pauli
(03-26-2014 12:07 PM)SoleSensations Wrote: [ -> ]I can do that, I drew up a concept sketch today and I think it will work nicely. I will however need either precise measurements of the manual, or preferrably, the actual manual to get the compartment to be a good fit thats not going to damage the booklet.
As this is a DIY manual the dimensions may vary.
The pocket reference guide I have currently with my WP 34S is 72mm x 138mm x 5mm.
I have a spare one with the same dimensions that I can send to you if you give me your address by PM.
(03-31-2014 07:53 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]As this is a DIY manual the dimensions may vary.
The pocket reference guide I have currently with my WP 34S is 72mm x 138mm x 5mm.
I have a spare one with the same dimensions that I can send to you if you give me your address by PM.

Didier,

I got the reference manual in todays post. I will start work on the covers for you asap.

Cheers
Kye.
Great !
Reference URL's