HP Forums

Full Version: Using DPLOT with 42S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks! I have keyed in the DPLOT program into my HP 42S, but I seem to be doing something wrong. I keep getting "Divide by 0".
I am also unsure what the "Axis" part of the program actually does. I tried plotting a SIN function, filling "1" into all the max values, including "axis", and then R/S. The next thing that happens is that the alpha screen appears. I tried keying in the name of the function, but to no avail.
Did you keyed it from the 42S manual or did you load one of the two version from the DM42 memory?

AXIS is the y value for the x axis. 0 is a good start value.

You cannot directly plot a built-in function, you need to write a program.
If you want to plot a SIN function, create a program such as :

LBL "FNS"
SIN
END

set RAD mode, enter -1 then press YMIN, 1 YMAX, -6 XMIN, 6 XMAX, 0 AXIS then R/S, enter function name (FNS) and R/S. It should plot the SIN function in a 131x16 window as on the HP 42S.

To plot on the full screen look here.
(12-20-2017 06:09 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]Did you keyed it from the 42S manual or did you load one of the two version from the DM42 memory?

AXIS is the y value for the x axis. 0 is a good start value.

You cannot directly plot a built-in function, you need to write a program.
If you want to plot a SIN function, create a program such as :

LBL "FNS"
SIN
END

set RAD mode, enter -1 then press YMIN, 1 YMAX, -6 XMIN, 6 XMAX, 0 AXIS then R/S, enter function name (FNS) and R/S. It should plot the SIN function in a 131x16 window as on the HP 42S.

To plot on the full screen look here.

That works. Yes, I had already keyed in the function program, so that I got right, but no I don't have the manual. I just keyed it in from this website. Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Reference URL's