HP Forums

Full Version: Two versions of [a b/c] [° ' "] key on HP 39gII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Persuing photos of the HP 39gII, there seem to be two different versions of the fraction / DMS key:

[Image: 39gii-a.jpg] [Image: 39gii-b.jpg]

Has this been noted on the forum before? Do you own both versions? If not... YOU MUST. Big Grin
There are a lot of machines that I go to silly and unrealistic ends to acquire the various versions of, for the collection.

HP-39gII - Pass.

Anyhow, it's probably just that one of them was a prototype, not available to the public, and therefor not generally acquirable in the market. I hope.
(12-05-2017 01:17 AM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]Persuing photos of the HP 39gII, there seem to be two different versions of the fraction / DMS key:

My two HP 39gII units have this [Image: 39gii-a.jpg] DMS key symbol. They both have 2012 serial numbers (CNA2wwnnnnn).
The current HP 39gII virtual calculator (Version 2013 11 10 Rev. 19148 (c) 2012 HP) also shows the same [Image: 39gii-a.jpg] DMS key as found on my physical calculators.

(12-05-2017 01:17 AM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]Has this been noted on the forum before?

Nice find. This [Image: 39gii-b.jpg] DMS key is shown on the officially published HP 39gII datasheet dated as October, 2011, so it was probably the initial key layout.

Edit:

A quick search on eBay reveals two interesting things concerning the units that I could found so far:

1.- All the units have the same serial number prefix: CNA221 meaning that all of them were assembled in 2012 week 21 if I'm not wrong.

2.- All the units shows this [Image: 39gii-a.jpg] DMS key symbol.
There is one exception where it shows the older [Image: 39gii-b.jpg] label, but the picture is not taken from the actual calculator. Obviously it was copied from the HP initial image released to the media and distributors.
Bob may be right,
I've got a prototype at our HHC at San Diego. This has the right key. Another one that I bought later, why?, has the left one.

Günter
Reference URL's