HP Forums

Full Version: Hello from a new HP user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello from the Netherlands!

After having used RPN based calculator apps on my computers and smartphones for years (a.o. the excellent Free42 app), I bought a HP 35S three years ago. However, it's not really pocketable, and I hardly used any of the functionality. My needs are basic calculations and trig functions. So it stayed in my laptop bag for 90% of the time.

Earlier this week I finally broke down and ordered a DM-15L calculator from SwissMicros. I know that they are about to introduce the DM-42, but that is far more capable than I need, and I love the landscape format.

And as if it was a sign of good luck, today I found a HP-12C here in the Netherlands, in very good condition, complete with the instruction booklet. Let's say that I paid far less than what a new 12C costs in the shops here. My unit says "Singapore", and comes with a booklet in Dutch. It passed the self tests, so that is a good start. And for my daily job, it does everything I need.

The DM15L should arrive soon, unfortunately probably when I am on a business trip. I'll take the 12C with me, to keep me busy in the hotel!

Edit: after a week with the 12C and the DM15L, I sold the HP 35S today ... if only because it is too different from the 12C and DM15L, so I keep thinking which keys to press ;-)
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your 12C and 15L explorations as they are very capable calculators.
(11-23-2017 09:16 PM)jthole Wrote: [ -> ]...but that is far more capable than I need...

We can help you get past that issue :-)

Welcome aboard!
(11-24-2017 07:58 PM)BobVA Wrote: [ -> ]We can help you get past that issue :-)

Welcome aboard!

As if I need more hobbies ;-)

BTW, when I was in university, we were advised to buy the Casio FX-4000P. While it's clearly not a HP, I am sorry to say that I lost it already many years ago.
Reference URL's