HP Forums

Full Version: I found this useful...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read an article by Ed Shore about using a key in user mode. It turns out you can run a program (key redefinition) even while in the program editor. I even was able to get it to return the key code 19, which is the delete key. It worked in that it would delete text in the program editor when I pressed this key. I then tried to get it to delete multiple characters (I wanted to see if I could get it to delete a word), but I couldn't get it to return more than one character functionally. I tried to return a string of 19's, as a string, list and vector, and none of them worked to delete multiple characters.
Just wondering if anyone has played around with this, as it'd be nice to be able to expand the editing capabilities using key redefinition. In particular, I'm trying to determine 2 things.
First, how to return more than one delete key so it'll delete several characters (it works with just one). Second, how to figure out where the cursor is at in the current program being edited (and the name of that program).
Thx
-Donald
(11-06-2017 08:49 PM)webmasterpdx Wrote: [ -> ]I read an article by Ed Shore about using a key in user mode. It turns out you can run a program (key redefinition) even while in the program editor.
-Donald

With the nice program of Eddie and the new public beta, that enhances the user key definitions, you can enjoy a lot...
Some new functionalities about them:
(11-07-2017 04:25 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]6. User key defines have been repositioned in the key handling process. They now will be done FIRST before anything else
a. Now all keys can be defined except SHIFT button, OFF and USER key.
b. Returning -1 will do NO operation in user key definition.
c. Returning -2 or less will perform default key behavior.
d. Be careful with your key definitions or you may hide some system functionality unintentionally

Salvo
Reference URL's