HP Forums

Full Version: Can a program access the clipboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you access the clipboard as a string from a program? I was thinking maybe there is a variable or a function call somewhere, but if it exists, I'm having difficulty find it...
Thx
-D
I think there is no way, at least there is nothing in the calculator reference about the clipboard
Any HP people care to comment?
This is something that I can think of many uses for. It seems like it should be somewhere as the paste command shows the last several copy/cuts, so it's stored in something like a list of strings. It just needs to be accessible as a variable or a pretty simple function. i.e. If it isn't already available, it shouldn't be difficult to implement.
If you need this feature, you can use INPUT, as the command is integrated yes it will allow copy/paste.
Hello,

Sorry, no there is no HPPL functions to access the clipboard.

Cyrille
I was trying to avoid using INPUT, but maybe I can integrate a dummy call to input.... Thx.
-D
Ask Tim for a CALL() command, that shell's out to an external program and returns a result to hppl. (In a future release, if any)!

a:=PI;
b:=CALL(c:/python.numpy.py,sin(a)); ==> (similar to this idea)
Reference URL's