HP Forums

Full Version: DIY slipcover for DIY5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I started using the DIY5, I have been packing it in bubble wrap or other padding when I take it somewhere. Not only was this really tedious but I could not carry the calculator in my shirt pocket. So, I made some simple slipcovers.

The slipcovers I made are felt covered with a very thin clear plastic film. The film is like that used for heat sealing ID cards and the like to protect them. The color of the felt is just what I happened to have on hand. I think I can make it with just about any color of felt or other soft fabric.

[Image: SLIP_DY5.jpg]
Nice bag. Now it would be helpful having the lowest 3cm enforced or made of stiffer material to prevent the calculator from being turned on inadvertantly Smile

d:-)
(03-07-2014 06:57 AM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Nice bag. Now it would be helpful having the lowest 3cm enforced or made of stiffer material to prevent the calculator from being turned on inadvertantly Smile

d:-)

Good catch! Actually it does help some. I haven't used it enough to know how much. :-)
Have the dimensions of the machine been finalised yet? If we had that, we could keep an eye out for suitable cases already on the market.

R.
Reference URL's