HP Forums

Full Version: Let's see your workshop.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After a 12 hour ordeal I got the workshop/office to the point where Janice will allow me to leave the door open!

The rack on the centre has some of the HP's I have but the very bottom row is still project shelf. Things get placed there for a rainy day. And it has been rainy, we have now broken a record set in 1956 for continuous rainfall in Vancouver.

[Image: IMG_4619_zpsmmwcqbhd.jpg]

Can you spot the TOS Star Trek stuff?
A TOS communicator can come in handy for your day job, in an emergency. I hope the tricorder is a real one and not one of those cheap alpha centauri knock offs. The dilithium cristals in those catch fire.
There's the communicator/TV remote. Looking for an E6B, does that count?

[Image: StarTrek-FlightComputer.jpg]
Dave,

that's the lock screen for my company iPad!!

Don,

the communicator is blue tooth and synched to my iPhone. You should see me in airport security when I get a phone call!!

Geoff
(03-29-2017 07:12 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]A TOS communicator can come in handy for your day job, in an emergency. I hope the tricorder is a real one and not one of those cheap alpha centauri knock offs. The dilithium cristals in those catch fire.

The cheap Alpha Centuri ones were from "lost in space"' I don't think they had dilithium crystals in the series.
Then again I don't think they ever got there did they ?

Geoff
Are those transistor radios I spotted in the shelf near the "sillyscope" ?

Ray
Yes, you found them, 50's and 60's reverse painted transistor radios all restored (new caps) some in original boxes:

Before and after:

[Image: beforeafter.jpg]

The cabinet:

[Image: IMG_4639_zpsljlhxi2q.jpg]

The big one:

[Image: IMG_4647_zps4gg1an1i.jpg]

And to the far right more HPs after all, need them for the book.

[Image: IMG_4643_zpshwzggg7j.jpg]
(03-30-2017 12:14 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote: [ -> ]... book.

[Image: 19789999.jpg]
Good movie,

Don't understand the reference though :-)

Stand by for surprises.

Geoff
***THE*** book?!? Gadzooks, Geoff, I can't afford to make it to Nashville this year. But if that may be where it appears - perhaps I can start walking now???

What, me interested?
Ha, no pressure there.

If you look closely, just above the 9825a is a working copy of eth book. The last three chapters are a killer (writers block)and this damn forum keeps expanding the various chapters and the appendix!

:-)
(03-30-2017 03:02 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote: [ -> ]Don't understand the reference though :-)

Lol, just a joke about your long-awaited book on restoration. You must know by now how eager many of us are to purchase a copy when it appears.

Quote:Stand by for surprises.

Now that sounds interesting.

Cheers,
Brad
Brad,

I was being facetious!

Purposely missing the point :-)
Brad,

I was being facetious!

Purposely missing the point :-)
(03-30-2017 03:02 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote: [ -> ]Stand by for surprises.

It's being released on HP-65 mag cards. :-)

(Nice radio - I have to mark the CONELRAD frequencies on all those new-fangled ones with a Sharpie!)

Bob
Hello!

(03-29-2017 07:25 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote: [ -> ]the communicator is blue tooth and synched to my iPhone. You should see me in airport security when I get a phone call!!

You saved my day! My wife's birthday is not far away and she is a trekkie (goes to conventions in costume and such things...). Didn't even know those bluetooth communicators existed - what a present.

As far as my "workshop" is concerned it is presently not presentable. No way I will show pictures on the internet. Two 3-D printers and two quadcopters awaiting completion next to all the calculators and stuff - what a mess. I really must buy my wife that communicator or she will change the locks of the house ;-)

Regards,
Max
made by the Wand Company:

Description:

The Wand Company

Where to buy:

Star Trek purchase site

Good luck Max!
(03-30-2017 05:48 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

You saved my day! My wife's birthday is not far away and she is a trekkie (goes to conventions in costume and such things...). Didn't even know those bluetooth communicators existed - what a present.

The Bluetooth Communicator and Type II Phaser TV remote from the Wand Co. are both excellent in both accuracy and workmanship (can I use workMANship these days?)
Every Trekker and Trekkie (yes they ARE different!) should have at least one of each.

Tom L
I think I see a TI model in that last picture of this post:

Posted by Geoff Quickfall - Yesterday 10:14 AM

The keys are pretty distinguishable.
Yep, Gene, 59, 58 and the one you talked about last year!

Some navitronics and interesting others but 90% HP.
Of course, you'll have to add more items after my talk this fall!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's