HP Forums

Full Version: First HP-97 simulator for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pleased to announce RPN-97 Pro, currently the only HP-97 simulator available on the iTunes Store. It's fully compatible with the HP-67 simulator RPN-67 Pro. Virtual program and data cards may be easily exchanged between the two calculators.

Anecdotal aside: Apple initially rejected RPN-97 Pro because it "downloaded and executed code". Only after I explained to them that a HP-97 program is basically a sequence of automated calculator keyboard punches did they accept it.

For details, check out my homepage.

Screenshots:
[attachment=333] [attachment=334]
I bought the HP-97 Pro software. My first oibservation is that I cannot readily use the HP-67 Pro "cards" that I have already downloaded. Can you allow the two apps to share magnetic cards in an update??

The HP-97 layout is smaller than the full-screen HP-67 which I LOOOOOOVE!!!

Cheers,

Namir
(02-26-2014 03:33 PM)Namir Wrote: [ -> ]I bought the HP-97 Pro software. My first oibservation is that I cannot readily use the HP-67 Pro "cards" that I have already downloaded. Can you allow the two apps to share magnetic cards in an update??

The HP-97 layout is smaller than the full-screen HP-67 which I LOOOOOOVE!!!

Cheers,

Namir

Full card compatibility between RPN-67 Pro and RPN-97 Pro is a main feature of these apps. I use it all the time. Please use the Contact link on my homepage so we can figure out via e-mail why it doesn't work in your case.

Cheers,
Willy
Congratulations Willy, on a beautiful calculator! It may be a while before I get to try it as my 1st Gen iPad uses iOS 5.x. However I checked it out in the App Store and it looks impressive!

Regards, Bob
Willy,

Does the transfer of magnetic card programs between the 67 and 97 occur via iTunes software (using drag and drop?)? I have not tried using iTunes yet. I do have the iPad 3 and the iPad Air with both the 67 Pro and 97 Pro installed on both.

Namir
(02-28-2014 12:46 PM)Namir Wrote: [ -> ]Willy,

Does the transfer of magnetic card programs between the 67 and 97 occur via iTunes software (using drag and drop?)? I have not tried using iTunes yet. I do have the iPad 3 and the iPad Air with both the 67 Pro and 97 Pro installed on both.

Namir

Namir,

Exactly. That's the way to transfer cards between different installations of RPN-67 Pro and RPN-97 Pro, and also how to import cards downloaded from my site. As with real HP-67/97 calculators, keycode translation occurs automatically.
Details are described here: http://www.cuveesoft.ch/rpn67/p05.html

Willy
Thanks Willy. I think my problem should be solved. I am away from home, visiting my son, and I have mailed my iPad to his address. I should be getting it in a day or two and will use iTunes to transfer the HP-67 Pro programs to the HP-97 Pro.

Namir
Reference URL's