HP Forums

Full Version: Different ROM versions HP80?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When playing with Tonys emulator I found it behaves differently than my real HP80.
I get slighty different results from some calculations, but the most obvious and very easy to reproduce thing is: Turn on the calculator, press divide, which of course results in an error. Pressing Enter now puts a 10 in the x register. My real HP80 has 9.999999999 e99 in the X register.

Cheers,
Harald
Ok,

Here :

1247A 05142 and 1247A 46954 both put a 10 in the x register.

I'll try to get a hand on my Singapores and report.

Cheers

Etienne
(11-12-2016 04:52 PM)Etienne Victoria Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,

Here :

1247A 05142 and 1247A 46954 both put a 10 in the x register.

I'll try to get a hand on my Singapores and report.

Cheers

Etienne

Hi Etienne!

Your Calculator has arrived today, thanks a lot!
It is without battery terminals and I need to work out why the decimal points are not working. Also I will replace one LED cluster due to a bad Segment. But I have all the parts to do this, so please keep your other calculators. You will need one to put the PCB in once I send it to you.

However I tested this one and it behaves exactly like the one I already have. Both are the newer version with the 2 ROM chips. So I guess the version with the hybrid is not only physically different, but also the contents is different

Cheers,
Harald
Hi Harald,

Glad you got the 80 and can actually make good use of it :-)

Yes, the ROM content must be different ; maybe they had the opportunity to update it when changing design and production site.

From the samples I have, the 1247A are on the left and the 1704S on the right of the pictures.

[Image: image-4.jpg]
[Image: image-5.jpg]

And the board underwent a couple of changes:

1247A:

[Image: image-11.jpg]
[Image: image-10.jpg]

1704S:
[Image: image-2.jpg]
[Image: image-9.jpg]

Cheers

Etienne
Reference URL's