HP Forums

Full Version: Floppy Days Podcast #59 on the HP41C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://floppydays.libsyn.com/floppy-days...ene-wright

Hello, all, and welcome to the next installment of the podcast that says “vintage electronics: I WANT IT”. I’m Randy Kindig and I’m your host. This episode is the first of a 2-parter on the Hewlett Packard HP-41 line of programmable calculators. The HP-41 is a seminal example of programmable calculators from the late 70’s and into the 80’s and is still very desirable and sought after today. I was lucky enough to find 2 gentlemen to co-host who are well-known among the active HP calculator community that exists today: Richard J. Nelson, who has written, edited, and published as much HP-41 material as anyone ever. And Gene Wright who is on the HP Handheld Conference Committee and he was a TI fan before becoming “hooked” on the HP-41. In this first part on the HP-41, I interview the co-hosts and then we cover the history of the calculator line in detail. Next month, with the same co-hosts, we will cover Web sites, emulation, software, and much more.
Thanks Randy for the wonderful set of podcasts. I downloaded them ALL!! Nostalgia has a special place in our hearts and minds. Those were really the happy days, when programming was MUCH simpler and albeit MUCH more limited. I am amazed that today's cheapest laptops can run circles around our beloved vintage calculators and computer.

Keep up the good work man!!

Namir
Reference URL's