HP Forums

Full Version: Woodstock applications manuals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Several of the Woodstock calculators -- the HP-21, HP-25/25C, and HP-29C -- had applications manuals that were separate from their owner's handbooks. Does anybody know how these applications manuals were made available? That is, were they included in the retail box with the calculator, or were they sold separately?
The Applications Manual for my HP25 definitely came with calculator, in 1976 if I remember correctly.
(04-20-2016 04:22 AM)John R Wrote: [ -> ]Several of the Woodstock calculators -- the HP-21, HP-25/25C, and HP-29C -- had applications manuals that were separate from their owner's handbooks. Does anybody know how these applications manuals were made available? That is, were they included in the retail box with the calculator, or were they sold separately?

In V1N3P11 of HP Key Notes from October of 1977 in the HP19C/29C announcement, it says: "And, as a bonus, a comprehensive Applications Book is included with either calculator."

Jake
Thanks to both of you for your quick, definitive replies!

Based on the relative frequency of their appearances on TAS, it seems like the applications manuals for the HP-25 and the HP-29C/19C are much more plentiful than those for the HP-21. My hunch is that maybe the HP-21 applications manual was only available as a separate purchase, but I could be wrong.
(04-20-2016 06:55 PM)John R Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to both of you for your quick, definitive replies!

Based on the relative frequency of their appearances on TAS, it seems like the applications manuals for the HP-25 and the HP-29C/19C are much more plentiful than those for the HP-21. My hunch is that maybe the HP-21 applications manual was only available as a separate purchase, but I could be wrong.

It may have changed over time, however I did not receive an applications manual when I bought my HP-21 in 1976, at least that I recall, and I probably would recall as I would have gone through it more than once. The 21 was the low end machine, so perhaps it was treated as an "optional purchase", to keep the price of the machine down? When I upgraded to a 25C, I recall I was thrilled that it came with an applications book, reinforcing the thought that the 21 did not include it.
I got my HP-25 together with the german version "HP-25 Programmsammlung" book here in germany. I paid 650.- Deutsche Mark in 1977.
Bernhard
Reference URL's